41 Ford Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatch

I picked this truck up a few months ago to replace my drag car build I had to sell a year and a half ago, due to mother nature issues. The wife stood by her promise to let me get another project. So I decided to build something we can both enjoy.

I have let it sit until now.. here is what it looked like when I brought it home.

Im still trying to figure out what direction I want to go with this on. I know im going to build a new frame for it because the frame under it now is rusted in half just behind the cab. I love the short and low look. So im leaning toward a cut down bed and doing a Z'ed model A style frame to get the wheel base short.

My stupid ex-brother-in-law traded one of these for a bag of green stuff.

I had made him a much better offer a year earlier. :mad:

Very nice starting place. The plan sounds good.

Overall it looks like a plenty healthy truck. Sorry about the frame situation. Seems a lot of the Fords of this era have the same problem - not sure why.
Check my thread " 45' Ford pu on LUV chassis". Not sure if you plan to go fenderless or not, but sure worked for me. I hope to be driving it shortly.

Haven't been able to do anything with this truck for almost 2 years, but now its finally back on the to do list. I was able to build the frame before I but her in storage, but i cant find the pictures of it. Started working on it again about three weeks ago and this is my progress.

Frame - 4" front kick up and a 17" rear kick up this stock A style front rails ( spring under frame) made from 2x4 3/16 tubing with a 108 inch wheelbase.

Rear suspension- 3 link set up with air ride

Drivetrain - 5.0l ford engine, AOD transmission and a 8.8 rear axle

Bed - has been cut down to 5 1/2 feet

wheels - Fronts 17x4 with 26 inch tall tires rears are 15x10 with 28 inch tall tires

Cab floor was all rusted so I cut it out and raised the new floor 1 inch to get to cab to sit how I wanted.

Me Likey ! ! !

Did you narrow up the rear at all? Are you gonna chop the top? And, did you channel the cab?

Looks good ! ! !

I am also building a 41.

Spoon

Latest posts

Back