It's monkey time!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
So I went to Home Depot today & there was a tatted up woman there... including on her face & forehead! I saw something on her shoulder & lo & behold it was a small monkey in a lil monkey diaper. Maybe the circus is in town?!?

BoB

Attachments

• monkey.jpg
    monkey.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 60
No offense to those that have tats, but I just don’t get them. My Mom would about beat my rear if I marked on myself with an ink pen, so I never had any desire to mark myself permanently. Most just look nasty to me unless they are tiny. Not my place to judge those that have them, if they make you happy that’s all that matters.

No offense to those that have tats, but I just don’t get them. My Mom would about beat my rear if I marked on myself with an ink pen, so I never had any desire to mark myself permanently. Most just look nasty to me unless they are tiny. Not my place to judge those that have them, if they make you happy that’s all that matters.

It's become a generational thing Bama.
I've know some old ladies(Old as in age) that had some small tats but they were rare and most had checkered pasts of some sort.
Plus, as my grandfather was a judge we went by the collar and cuffs code. If you had to go to court you could wear a long sleeve shirt and tie to cover them all up.[ddd
I read an interesting article that was of the opinion that people didn't get tats to make themselves more attractive, but to make them selves stand out from the crowd.
I think there is a truth in that.
And... No monkey for me. Thank you.
Torchie
Torchie

I have none but my Wife has 1 and my Daughter has a few. My Wife's is the paw print of a dog we lost and my Daughter has a few that symbolize things. Hearts in the color of our family members birthday, a small poem for my Mom and Dad and a couple meaningful of dogs she had. I don't get the full sleeve thing or just all over your body. Plus they are not cheap at all. I have know people complaining of not having any money but a couple weeks later show me a huge tat they just got. Jim

I use to want a tat when I was a teenager, use to draw them on myself with color pens. I have zero tats. My 3 daughters however each have the same roman numerals, the date of their mothers passing three years ago.

There are young people walking around today with insane tatoos, especially the face and head ones. 30 years from now when they look in the mirror I think they are going to be very sorry.

my grandmother tricked me into not getting one. i don't regret it at all. i'm like bama i don't care if you have them or not.

I've lived in Austin & Mrs Tripper still has a real estate office there. It's a really hip town & most of the youngsters are sporting tats! I don't have any but dig many of the beautiful ones I see... nearly anyone in Austin that serves food has at least one sleeve! Always wanted one but could never find any that were cool enough (for me) to get but if I did it would definitely have to be car orientated! But at my age considering how much they cost... what would be the point... I spend all my $$$ on car parts! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

Monkey... no thanks!

BoB

It's funny - I've never met a heavily tattooed person who cared in the least if anyone else was tattooed or not, or thought less of anyone without tattoos because of that simple fact, but met a whole lot who are quick to judge someone because of their interests or the way they look. I've spent the majority of my life as a heavily tattooed man and while it's not like it used to be, it still amazes me how people can be so manipulated by their own misunderstanding and ignorance.

I guess there are people everywhere who like to elevate themselves above others because of their prejudice. Some people think we are dumb for being into old cars. They don't get it either... [S

Also guys - "tats" is pretty much the equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard in the tattoo community. Say what you like, but just an FYI. ;)

I have know people complaining of not having any money but a couple weeks later show me a huge tat they just got. Jim

This is the part I don't get. Whether you want them or not is fine, but if you complain to me that you don't have the money to pay your bills but have thousands of dollars in tattoos, I don't have any pity for you.

Personally I prefer the clean look without tattoos on myself. I can't get tired of a tattoo I don't have.

It's funny - I've never met a heavily tattooed person who cared in the least if anyone else was tattooed or not, or thought less of anyone without tattoos because of that simple fact, but met a whole lot who are quick to judge someone because of their interests or the way they look. I've spent the majority of my life as a heavily tattooed man and while it's not like it used to be, it still amazes me how people can be so manipulated by their own misunderstanding and ignorance.

I guess there are people everywhere who like to elevate themselves above others because of their prejudice. Some people think we are dumb for being into old cars. They don't get it either... [S

Also guys - "tats" is pretty much the equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard in the tattoo community. Say what you like, but just an FYI. ;)

I have nothing against people with tattoos. My now deceased running buddy was covered from head to toe and that was well before it became a trend. I know lots of bad people that wear suits and ties everyday and have no tattoos at all.
I have a couple my self that are pretty old now. Probably would have a few more but I have a hard enough time healing skin breaks as it is with out paying to have more. To each, his own. That’s what makes the world interesting....
Torchie

Tats was a slang word I was familiar with back in the day by gang head types that had ....tattoos. Thats what they called them, "tats".

With so many people having tattoos, a form of job discrimination because of tattoos in some work environments has been possible recently, probably not so much in the future.

i have no problem with tats and like the nice ones. never held someone up for having a tat. same with piercings, as i have a ear ring i wear from time to time. but you come in with huge holes in your ears and cheeks and i am gonna laugh at you, i'm sorry i do have a morbid sense of humor.

Monkeys oh hell no... they are disgusting animals and stink to high heaven and they bite when you least expect it! :eek:

iSore

Personally they are not for me... didn't get any while in the Army and overseas and never got wasted enough to be pulled into a parlor... so I remain simply spotted with some age spots, freckles and graying everyday hair... :D

I’ve got friends with several. Doesn’t bother me, if I think of you as a friend, it’s probably not because of what you look like. That is, unless you look like Heather Locklear in the 1980’s, Kate Jackson in the 1970’s, Stevie Nicks around 1979, or several other babes, then i’m Happy to be with you for your looks!

My son in prison has them everywhere. I was ok with it until he started putting them on his face. He pretty well spoiled his chances of ever getting a decent job when, or if, he ever gets out.

Latest posts

Back