TiredIronGRB's '60 Lincoln Premiere

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiredIronGRB

Traditionalist
I figured I would start a build thread now that I finally got this thing home. I plan to do a '60s style custom out of this one...probably HotRodFlatz metalic gold, lowered, with some custom old school wheel covers. I've been driving it to work...it's like driving a small city around.

lincoln1.jpg

lincoln2.jpg

lincoln3.jpg

lincoln4.jpg

lincoln6.jpg

lincoln7.jpg

lincoln8.jpg

lincoln9.jpg

lincoln10.jpg

lincoln5.jpg

This is your Captain Speaking!!!!....I think it should have personilized plates...TITANIC comes to mind...Nice shape for the year...good find....[P::cool:[cl

I think it should have personilized plates...TITANIC comes to mind

that would only fit if he lived up here in salt country. Then it could break in half and sink like the plate implies!!:D

JK. Nice clean looking ride.

Cool Hot Rod Lincoln !!!! Found a couple pics, you may have already seen them ? Don't get rid of it until Cam and I get to ride it once !!

Attachments

• rhys1.jpg
    rhys1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 43
  • TOP10_Goozgaz60Lincoln.jpg
    TOP10_Goozgaz60Lincoln.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 1473_Mike%20Gray%2059%20Lincoln.jpg
    1473_Mike%20Gray%2059%20Lincoln.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 43
don't know how i missed this....

that looks to be in pristine condition, and i agree whole-heartedly that a 60's custom is the ONLY way to do that car justice!

just curious, but what is the engine in that thing? it looks different than a FE and the valve covers aren't Y-block...[S

Is that one of those 400cid y blocks? One fine machine..

Wiki says................
One feature of these cars was the "Auto Lube", that, as long as the owner kept the lube reservoir full, the car automatically lubed itself. However, the 1958-1960 Marks were technically Lincolns as the Continental division was dropped after the Mark II. And this marked the last time that a Continental would share no major chassis components with a model made by Ford or Mercury as the 1961 Continental would share major components with the contemporaneous Ford Thunderbird.

It's a 430 CI and I found out that it wasn't owned by the dealer but a collector and had been driven from 1960 to 1971 when it was parked and set in a warehouse until the owner before the guy I got it from purchased it at auction.

Latest posts

Back