New guy here!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead1320

Hey my name is cameron. Ive been trying to find a car that runs so I can go hang out with friends and what not. But I didnt just wanna be stuck with some POS that I got second hand. I believe a car should be a part of you. It should show others who you are. It should reflect your personality perfectly. Well some digging around with my ol man and him and I have come to a conclusion that a rat rod would encompass all of me and leave nothing out that I want. I love the generation of cars. I love the ingenuity and original art work that is rat rodding. So im here to learn everything I can.

Thanks Everyone. Everybody seems real nice. Ive been reading and reading thread after thread trying to learn what I can. The ol man and I are looking for a daily driver and once I get some money saved up im looking at getting a 52 chevy and importing some 39 front fenders and kinda merging it to look like something like this.

Attachments

• c2679e60b8dcba775a69e56165740f30.jpg
    c2679e60b8dcba775a69e56165740f30.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 22
Welcome from Flawda! Lots of builds and people with enough knowledge to figure anything out. If ya get stumped just ask, somebody here can give you an answer,or maybe 3...:D

Welcome to RRR!

A couple things worth knowing when looking for a project: It can be hard/expensive to get a title if it doesn't have one (check your state). Curved windshield glass is very expensive to cut if you chop the top (like on a 52 Chevy sedan). Curved side or rear glass is generally tempered and can not be cut at all. Flat glass is fairly cheap to have cut new. Frame swaps are no easier or cheaper than fixing what's there.

And finally, not to kill your enthusiasm, but the reality is getting anything close to that picture (which I like) from a 52 Chevy would be a hard long painful journey. Just the difference in widths at the firewall would be a major hurdle.

Since your a young guy with, I'm guessing, limited cash flow, get that 52, get it running good, lower it, put some cool caps on it, pimp the interior, and if you can slide it past Dad, flame throwers - that'll should keep you busy and in trouble for a little while. :D

I agree if it's your first project, keep it simple. A project that ambitious is almost certain to get bogged down and pops will be hauling it off to get his garage back 5 years down the road. Also keep the project in line with your welding skills and shop equipment. And we can't emphasize enough to get something with a title or be darn sure you will be able to get one through a process you satae's laws allow. In fact go down to your DMV and visit with them before you start.
Welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Back