Finally got a project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny1

Callin' him Tiny is like callin' Dirty Harry a bea
Myself and a friend have been looking for a couple of trucks we finally found what we wanted. Where not sure what year they are but the guy we got them from said 48's one is a chevy the other is a ford . Check out the old hand crank winch on my Buddy's truck. the man in the pic is who we got the trucks from he wanted to keep old winch :)

Attachments

• r01.jpg
    r01.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 200
  • ro2.jpg
    ro2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 184
  • rons01.jpg
    rons01.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 267
  • rons02.jpg
    rons02.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 293
Great catches!

Myself and a friend have been looking for a couple of trucks we finally found what we wanted. Where not sure what year they are but the guy we got them from said 48's one is a chevy the other is a ford . Check out the old hand crank winch on my Buddy's truck. the man in the pic is who we got the trucks from he wanted to keep old winch :)

Tiny,
Great catch for both u guys! Too bad about that winch... u're buddy could have been in the wrecker truck business! ; - >

So u got the Ford?

BoB

Last edited:
Congrats on thae finds for both of you guys. It's always exciting to find a project like that. And like Don said, what's the plans for it?

The ford is in the best shape but both have solid floors from what we can tell so far. the Chevy passenger door across the bottom needs to be replaced and the cab corners But for south Alabama there in great shape for here i think.

Mine is the Chevy i liked the fat look it kinda matches me lol . Were going to build a couple rats . going to start on his ford first and then the Chevy.

Congrads on the find Tiny,
Looks like you've got some good tin to work with. While you're still in the planning stages, you need to know what parts are available to you at what price. begin by getting a couple of free catalogs that you can order from the net:

This catalog will get you direct replacement parts:

LMC TRUCK
www.LMCtruck.com

This catalog will get you upgrade and speed parts:

CCP Classic
www.classicperform.com

While you're waiting on those, you can take a peek-see at my website to get an idea of what can be done when you have limited cash flow. I built my 52 F1 for under $2,000, and that included the truck and the engine.

Well I've been working a little bit on the ford truck. Its been so hot makes it hard to get much done. Once i got the cab off the ford i took the frame and made a frame jig. I don't have a concrete slab so i made the legs adjustable so i could level the jig up. check out the pads on the legs lol. hope it works out ok so far so good .

Attachments

• ron5.jpg
    ron5.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 77
  • ron6.jpg
    ron6.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 93
  • ron7.jpg
    ron7.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 88
  • ron.JPG
    ron.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 94
  • v8.jpg
    v8.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 83
Oh i did the z part laying down flat. I just have it tacked right now.

Attachments

• frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Framejig.jpg
    Framejig.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 110
  • frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 129
  • frame3.jpg
    frame3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 93
  • Framejig2.jpg
    Framejig2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 95
Tiny,
It has been entirely too hot for you to be doing all that work. Tripple digits in Mobile, Al. makes for miserable work conditions.

Looks like you have made some good headway with the project...

how much Z do you have there ?

Its 21" I hope its enough and not to much. this is my frist try at building a frame i hope i'm going about it right. When i finish this one i have another one to do with a chevy cab. The ford is for my buddy. the chevy is going to be mine.

FB its been unbearable after noon here i try and do all i can do early am and run for the A/C the rest of the day lol

lol Gastrick i had the old axle laying there in the way figured why not add it to jig to get it out of my way so far its working great.

I couldn't stand it i had to see what it was going to look like :)

Attachments

• mock1.jpg
    mock1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 109
  • mock2.jpg
    mock2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 181
  • mock3.jpg
    mock3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 146

Latest posts

Back