Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're getting mighty close to sliding that S-10 chassis under your masterpiece. There's those chassis under lots of cars and trucks. I hope it works out for you.

You're getting mighty close to sliding that S-10 chassis under your masterpiece. There's those chassis under lots of cars and trucks. I hope it works out for you.

Thanks bob.
Surprisingly there is not a lot of info out there on using the entire S 10 chassis for a car frame swap. Mostly just using the front clip.
I found one guy that put the S 10 chassis under a 49 Chevrolet car but he didn’t give out much info. Only that he had to modify the floor under the back seat.
Now trucks in the other hand.......😳
Once I get to that point I will document it all so that the info will be out there for others.
Spending today trying to get rid of the scrap. Lots of interest. No shows so far.🙀
Torchie

Last edited:
I have to relocate the body for more front clearance so while I have it hanging.....
This is a bit lower then the photoshop pic that Rik Hoving did on the CCC site.
Based on the rear wheel opening lip to wheel cover.
With the rocker level the roof height if 54-3/4 Inches.:eek::D
Not sure that I can get it this low in real life so we will see.
Keep on keeping on,
That for stopping by.......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 26
I like it. How much ground clearance will you have?[P[P

The way it sits right now I have 7 inches of clearance to the bottom of the rocker panel, kenny.
I don’t think I will be able to get it that low as a static drop.
And after all the floor work I did I really don’t want to channel it.
From eyeballing the fender lip positioning against the wheel cover I’d say it’s about 2 inches lower then in the picture.
Torchie

Its been extremely dry here. We had a big farm fire one county over on Monday that is still burning. No loss of life or injuries. Thankfully.
With that in mind I waited until today to start cutting off the above frame mounts. We had a all night rain so the fire hazard is low right now.
I will trim them down once I have the chassis in the shop. Hopefully this weekend.:cool:
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 18
It's beginning to look like this will be yet another "One man job."
My one friend is really busy and this weekend isn't going to be good for him.
Well. If I can flip an 18 foot wooden boat by myself. I can still do this.......Maybe.:eek: [ddd
Pushed the body back for more clearance in the front.
Started to readjust the chain falls.
Got one done. The rest will be there tomorrow as my knees say "No mas" to going up the ladder again.
Thanks for visiting.
Keep on keeping on.......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 16
Slow and steady there Torchie.

It's too bad your friend didn't make it over to help you. You know what they say about friends - "A friend will help you move, but a good friend will help you move a body". It fits in your case! :eek:)

Latest posts

Back