4x4 Rat rod pics anyone???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
I keep running this idea through my head - not that I'll ever get to it, but I'd like to do a 4x4 rat. A 4" clearance, suicide style front end RPU. I've been thinking about how to get the driveshaft past the motor. Haven't thought much about the suicide 4x4 idea yet, but I'm sure I will eventually. Crab steer would be something I've thought about too. I have too much idle brain time at my job...:D

at the central cruise in Phoenix

crosley4x4.jpg

Seen one on here yestreday on the "fresh idea" thread. It was a 4x4 Ranger with trailer hitch suspension.

Looked sick! Apparently and unfortunately......the builder was shunned from the forums.

I woulda cruised with em!

Amen! Bonehead those where cool! I've always wondered how a 4x4 s-10 or ford explorer chassis would work under an old car or truck....say 50 and older.

Nice pics BH!
Okay, so not a rat but a 4x4 5 window anyway.
5windowmudder.jpg

That's more what I'm talkin' about. Open wheel! I was thinking more along the lines of no lift and nothing more than like snow tires. In other words, more RAT than 4x4. Hmmmm.....if you guys don't have pics of it, makes me think it hasn't been done.....

53Rat - that pic is what made me decide to start this thread! Wish you had more pics of it. That thing is awesome.

Might as well, bring the picture over.
attachment.php

yea man its pretty cool..that truck is about a hlaf hour away from my place..Im thinking about going there soon on the bike and taking a bunch of pics..its pretty cool:cool:

Seen one on here yestreday on the "fresh idea" thread. It was a 4x4 Ranger with trailer hitch suspension.

Looked sick! Apparently and unfortunately......the builder was shunned from the forums.

I woulda cruised with em!

That's the first one I thought of too.
I think an early Scout chassis would be a good starting point, it is already stepped down and has the 5 on 5 1/2 so you could run some old Ford wires (with a little work) Have them widened to take a vintage style 7.50x16 knobby tire. Even keeping the slant 4 might be cool, or move up to the 3.3 Nissan turbo diesel from a later scout.

Here is my project that Im working on, this is an older pic and the chop is a photochop but I have choped it 3" and Im welding it back up now, it also has been chaneled.

Picture383a.jpg

Latest posts

Back