My '64 Rambler wagon build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mocking up the transmission mount crossmember out of PVC... think it'll be strong enough? [ddd

BoB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 30
Got everything mocked up, engine placement etc. Pulled the engine/tranny back out to finish up brake/gas lines, shifter placement etc. It will basically putting pieces of a puzzle together going forward & I've mapped out the next few weeks & fortunately the weather has been cooperating, today started out at 44 & got up to 72! I actually broke out into a sweat... in January! Lonestar Round Up is in 15 weeks so that should work out!
[;)[;)[;)

BoB

These cars are unusual but cool. Not odd. You are making it cooler.

Oh yeah... they're odd but also... cheap! Haha! [ddd

Good day in the shop today & making progress... it's starting to fall into place! I forgot to mention... I cut 1 1/2 coils off the front springs! It also has hi-jacckers so getting a good stance is gonna be easy!

BoB

IIRC, Rambler used a 5x4.5" pattern, same as small Ford. A little harder to find decent wheels than for the bellybutton Chevys.

I'm thinking a set of light gray center Torque Thrusts would look great on there. Just don't get those God awful curved spoke Torque Thrust II's.:eek:

IIRC, Rambler used a 5x4.5" pattern, same as small Ford. A little harder to find decent wheels than for the bellybutton Chevys.

I'm thinking a set of light gray center Torque Thrusts would look great on there. Just don't get those God awful curved spoke Torque Thrust II's.:eek:

Bama, it has a Ford 9" rear end & the previous owner installed front disk brakes that I think are Ford. Definitely want some Torque Thrust II's!

BoB

Busy right now running gas & fuel lines, never fun but it has to be done. I should be stabbing the motor/tranny back in for the last time this coming week & things should really pick up from there... fingers crossed!!!

BoB

Bama, it has a Ford 9" rear end & the previous owner installed front disk brakes that I think are Ford. Definitely want some Torque Thrust II's!

BoB

TTII’s are the curved spokes. You want TTO, Torque Thrust Original, like I have.

Can’t wait to the see a Roadkill type burnout![ddd[ddd[ddd

Got all brake lines run & tightened up, bleeding master next! Hope to stab the engine/tranny over the weekend or early next! Wiring next!

BoB

Latest posts

Back