Hercules

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mounted the Model A headlights, they suit it much better :)
Made grille #2 from an old semi truck stainless exhaust shield [S haven't decided if I like or hate it yet - it's better than the screen tho... maybe spray it flat black or gold?? Opinions?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Todays engineering challenge met and conquered! Blended my swap meet find bellcrank assy/booster/master with the F100 pedal. Some surgery and bracket making and it works smoothly. Of course the obvious question is 'how the #*!! do you fill the master cylinder??' A hatch in the cowl top I guess - it's kinda off center for a cowl vent... [S

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3912.JPG
    IMG_3912.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3913.JPG
    IMG_3913.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3914.JPG
    IMG_3914.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3917.JPG
    IMG_3917.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 65
Either a long cowl vent or how about two small ones like some of the MoPars of that era?

Grill looks good in bare stainless to me. Needs just a little flash here and there.:D:D:D

When I installed the underfloor unit in my Uncles Model A, we ended up with a similar situation - I use a Princess Auto inspection mirror and a squeeze bottle with a small hose on it it. Works fine for how often you have to do it.
Looks great ZZ, your progress is absolutely amazing.

When I installed the underfloor unit in my Uncles Model A, we ended up with a similar situation - I use a Princess Auto inspection mirror and a squeeze bottle with a small hose on it it. Works fine for how often you have to do it.
Looks great ZZ, your progress is absolutely amazing.

Thanks! I just may do that, hate to cut a hole in the cowl...
Just looked at the calendar, only 2 months since the start, have to keep the fire burning though, lots to fab yet....[;)

I like the grille just like it is; that's a way better than expanded metal.
And I agree with Bill, for the few times you have to fill the master cylinder, a mirror and a squirt bottle will work.
Keep up the good work.

I like the grille just like it is; that's a way better than expanded metal.
And I agree with Bill, for the few times you have to fill the master cylinder, a mirror and a squirt bottle will work.
Keep up the good work.

Yes, I'm warming up to the grille - I may just sand it with some 220 or 320 for a brushed finish instead of shiny to de-bling it some...

This is nothing short of amazing ZZ. That body from scratch is awesome!

Couper

Thanks Couper!
Got busy building the dash today. Prepping the Caddy trim was nerve wracking, originally it was held on with little nails spot welded to the back but they were mostly rusted off. I managed to weld on some #6 screws to the back edge without burning any holes - what a relief! Drilled holes and set the gauges in, more holes needed somewhere for ignition and light switch, maybe wipers too.... I'll make a sub panel for the air gauges and maybe even a radio. After it was in, I realized the shifter hits the dash in granny low 1st :eek:- just needs a minor re-shaping.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3920.JPG
    IMG_3920.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3921.JPG
    IMG_3921.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3922.JPG
    IMG_3922.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 60
I decided to work on the exhaust before the cab gets farther along (and heavier), so I popped it off - much easier to work on it instead of crawling around underneath. This is as far as I'll have the tailpipes go until I make the box and rear fenders, then they'll get finished up. Putting in the cutouts took some thinkin' - I was tempted to run them out the frame side, but just couldn't bring myself to cut a 4 1/2" hole in the middle of the framerail to put in a sleeve. So I went stealth mode - it will still bark loud enough I figure. While the cab was off I cleaned up the welds, etc on the underside, finished welding along the back edge that was inaccessible before. Also while it was off, I made a couple small filler panels to finish off the front cab corners.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3929.JPG
    IMG_3929.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3928.JPG
    IMG_3928.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3931.JPG
    IMG_3931.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3933.JPG
    IMG_3933.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3934.JPG
    IMG_3934.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 56
Spent a couple hours today at the fun park for dudes, aka - The Pick n Pull boneyard. After looking at literally hundreds of cars, I came up with these - rear seats from an '08 Mazda 5 SUV thingie. Decent shape, not so thrashed as front seats usually get - no wires, dual armrests, storage bins underneath, they fold back and forth and are on sliders, plus the 'tupperware' is not overly offensive. :)
attachment.php

Made some 3" risers from 2x3 tube split in half, welded new mount tabs to the tracks, just need to weld nut plates to the floor and they are done! Oh, the headrest have to go, they just don't look right here, and I hate seeing them thru the back window.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3936.JPG
    IMG_3936.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3937.JPG
    IMG_3937.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts

Back