My 40 Dodge Truck Build - Maybe a 41 LOL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked my tail off this weekend. I cut up and routed the edges of the oak for he bed floor. A little tougher than the normal oak bed floor because it's hinged and will open to access the battery, fuel cell components and of course show off the rear frame and 4 link set-up. I took the bed off the rack and put it back on the frame to fab the bed mounts. The routed slots will get metal fillers painted to match the truck.

I hate buying steel at home depot but need 2 pieces to keep going.... 3/16 X 1 1/4......$52.00. I almost soiled my pants!

If you use any original Gorilla Glue....don't get it on your hands. It's worse than POR-15!

Hmmmmm can't post pictures.....security yoken issue

Oh no! not the dreaded security token issue again! Good progress, Couper. That's the worst place to buy steel. But if you gotta...

Thanks Bob... Yes on the home depot. I wanted to get to a certian point of completion by the end of the night. I talked to my self cussing from the register to the car arrrggg.

We have a great place up here called RS Philips... they have everything from sheet metal to huge beams, shears, ironworkers....all kinds of cool stuff

http://rsphillipssteel.com/

Seems that if I load more than 2 pictures I get that token error....

Here's a couple shots and I'll send a couple more

Attachments

• DSCF5925 (2).jpg
    DSCF5925 (2).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF5933.jpg
    DSCF5933.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 15
And the bed floor with the metal strips in. Bolted in with SS Carriage Bolts....end strips raise up with the hatch. Like to figure out what size struts I need to hold her open and also keep it down when closed.

Last shot when I brought the bed home

Bed turned out very nice [c. If you can get a pull scale figure out how much weight you need to pull up the deck, at least a starting place[S

We had her out in the driveway today to take the bed off and get it up to ythe kids booth for primer and raptor underneath.. Looked cool as hell. I don't think the pictures do it justice. Looked kinda cartoonish!

Attachments

• DSCF5942 (3).jpg
    DSCF5942 (3).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF5943 (2).jpg
    DSCF5943 (2).jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back