My 37 Dodge pu build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well as you know i didn't have any luck selling it. Was going to get a driver to piddle on, guess it wasn't meant to be. Been working in the garage a couple of hours a day and am making a little progress. Nothing worth posting pictures of yet. Wife told me if i didn't get my butt in the garage and start working on it i couldn't buy any more parts:mad: She has now given me permission to spend money again[cl[cl

:cool:
[cl[cl[cl
I've had my 33 up for sale ever since you posted your 37 so I could buy yours but, have had no takers :(
I'm happy to see you finishing it and be able to enjoy driving it too [P[P[P

Moved my rearend forward 3/4" to give me clearance for the gas tank. Started making the framework for the tank out of mattress bed rails. Will put up some photos whenever i find my camera:confused:

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

I finally got my gas tank mounted. Everything is mounted in rubber straps. Got the metal straps and t-bolts from Tanks inc. The top metal frame work is tacked in place, it will be finish welded by a friend of mine (don't trust my welding:eek:).
If you see any problems with my installation please tell me. If it's one thing i don't want to fall off it's my gas tank!

Nice tank installation. [clIf anything, its overkill. Two pieces across the top will keep it from going up. Those straps would hold a 50 gallon tank. :D I think you're good.

Last edited:
I just got a 47 to 53 Chevy pickup bed from LMC Truck. The quality was only fair. First thing i did was to rip open two fingers on the esp welds, most all of them will cut you. Why they didn't spend a minute removing the nibs before putting on the coating is a mystery to me. The majority of the bolt holes were off and had to be drilled slightly oversize. I guess you do get what you pay for, it will be fine after a little body work and filler for my truck. If you are building a really nice truck spend a few hundred more and get a quality bed.

After measuring carefully several times, the bed will have to be shortened 27" and will end up 53" long. Have to remove 6" from the width.View attachment 144110

View attachment 144111

View attachment 144112

View attachment 144113

View attachment 144114
You can see the misalignment on the top bolt, no way to get a nut on it.

2 days after taking these photos i fell down the front steps while pressure washing and screwed up my back muscles. Been a week and i still can't do anything, Doc says it's gonna take some time to heal.

Don't know why pics didn't show up.
Click on the attachments and they will

Latest posts

Back