36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gold03, All of my distractions are outside in the blinding heat, but sometimes I can be found lying on the cool concrete floor in the shop, imagineering. The trucks first car show is fast approaching. Dawson Creek.

News of all sorts, this time. I have finished making the last bracket for the last fender[those front fender mounting brackets can test a mans patience]. The fender is all bolted on and the headlight has been mounted and eyeballed for level, rotation and similarity to its mate. It's been found wanting.
No more pictures for a while, guys. How big of a noise does your computer have to make while you've inserted your camera card in backwards, before you have to take it to town? Burlipppsssst, would do it, right?

If you didn't insert the card with a hammer, it shouldn't have done any damage. Maybe bent a contact. Hope you can move on from the fender brackets soon. Interesting tip about bending fiberglass.

Hi Sam_. If I don't admit to helping my card in with a hammer then it won't get out that I've had to dig into the computer a bit with my jackknife and straighten up some of those little prongs. But all that fixing was in vain, so I can't download pictures right now.
I had to warmup and rewarp both lefthand fenders too. I had been doing quite well at guessing where the bolt holes should be drilled until I got to this last fender. Now I have some patching to do.

Must be one of those compactflash cards that need

all the pins in the reader....got rid of any cameras at the department that were of that type....officers were always finding ways to bend them...lol...
SD cards don't have that issue.....so all of our cameras now use SD cards...
Good luck with gettin her fixed....you can always pickup a usb reader for cheap....then you don't have to use the built in on....or fix it... :D

Hi sgt. You make it sound so easy. My camera has two rows of easily bent little pins for the film packet. Would a SD card just slide right into my old camera and work or do I have to chuck it away? I guess I should try my wife's card to see if it works in this computer, before I give up on the dang thing. Thanks for the SD tip.
The head lights are both on now, lined up, and mostly wired. The hitch that I always come across, after some mild gains, is I have no electricity to light my dim lights, only brights, parking and signals.
Keep on tinkering.

Thanks guys, for building my computer confidence. I went to town and bought a new card reader and voila', it did the trick.
While in town, I started the stupid long process of getting my insurance and registration. It sure sucks the optimism out of you. :mad::( :confused::eek:

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 60
The head lights are both on now, lined up, and mostly wired. The hitch that I always come across, after some mild gains, is I have no electricity to light my dim lights, only brights, parking and signals.
Keep on tinkering.

So where is the problem? Only one wire for headlights... No hi-lo switch? Install a floor switch.

Hi Sam_Fear, For two days now I've spent many hours in the registration office line ups and in front of the counter, with almost nothing to show for it. The only thing worse to deal with than a government regulation lady, is a mad government regulation lady, so I had to keep smiling and making it look sincere. Anyhow, when I came home and crawled under the dash of the '36, I was not right up to par, mechanically, so I still don't know where there is only one wire for a short ways. I may have wired the relay wrong.
I changed tactics and built the right-hand little tin curtain between the bottom front of the box and the running board. That went well.

Hi skull, keen eye, yes, a '68 Super Bee. I've had it most of the time for 42 years and I'm starting to fix it up. Most of the undercarriage is done but the tin is toast in a lot of places.

Gee GJ, I've never used the' baffle them with BS solution' ever in my whole life. :D:D I was scared that if I said anything I'd let some information slip that she didn't need to hear and that burning tire would be around my neck right in front of the counter. Anyhow, I got a 'demonstration purposes' In Transit permit, so I have to pretend to be selling the truck all through the car show. I guess maybe I BS'ed her a wee bit.:rolleyes:

Progress! The lights are working now. There were two problems, mixed up wiring and a faulty relay. A few little chrome pieces are now on and the oil and water levels are topped up--------whoa, maybe I should check the power steering fluid.
I've got to be in Dawson Creek, British Columbia on Friday night with it, so I have to get the little things finished and checked. It looks like I might make it. There might be a little adrenaline pumping around in my blood.

Attachments

• IMG_1063.jpg
    IMG_1063.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
By George I believe you're gonna make too [cl
I'm surprised Tired Iron hasn't made a comment on the Merc in the background :D

Hi Old Iron, You know how I hate to be the object of another man's lust, so I painted it pink in the late 70's.:D Now he doesn't even see it. It is a complete, low mileage, two door hardtop with a 312 and push-button automatic.

Hi Sam_Fear, For two days now I've spent many hours in the registration office line ups and in front of the counter, with almost nothing to show for it. The only thing worse to deal with than a government regulation lady, is a mad government regulation lady, so I had to keep smiling and making it look sincere.

This is why I always use a title service! The girl I use is awesome & very reasonable. I always pay her double her rate, I take my paperwork to her & hand over the $$$ one day & go back & pick the finished paperwork the next day! It's worth every penny & then some not having to stand in line & since they've known her for years it all goes like clockwork! [cl

BoB

Latest posts

Back