battery drain

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
Have a 1999 Cherokee that drains the battery overnight. Have a test light connected between the negative post and the disconnected cable. Have pulled every fuse and relay and no luck stopping the current thru the light. The battery tested good at the auto parts store. What could be drawing current that doesn't go thru a fuse? Thanks :confused:

I've had that problem B4 & to keep the battery charged overnight I put a battery disconnect switch until I could run the drain down!

BoB

The master cylinder is above the Fuze panel on my 85 cherrokee. Resulting in the same problem.

By '99 they had wised up and put the fuses are on the other side

I've had that problem B4 & to keep the battery charged overnight I put a battery disconnect switch until I could run the drain down!

BoB

The seller had already put a disconnect switch on it but neglected to mention why. :rolleyes:

I'm with Bama, I've had that issue.
If the alternator is getting warm when the engine is cool then that's your culprit.

My daughter had a Cherokee that had a growl in it. I changed the rear wheel bearings that were definitely bad but it still had a growl that sounded like the rear end. It wasn't. it turned out to be the drive shaft. It was that funky CV joint type coupling.

Latest posts

Back