Value?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
51 Chevy 2 door. Has some rust around the truck area, floors look good. All the glass is there. Missing some trim pieces. Non running at this point. Not sure on a title, I think he says he has a hill of sale from a car lot it was sold at in 03. I have a guy who wants to trade me work for the car, so if I get it it will be put up for sale. I wont be keeping it. Just wondering a value

Attachments

• 20180613_111331.jpg
    20180613_111331.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20180415_153359.jpg
    20180415_153359.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 28
<;((((((((((<<<

I wouldn't pay this much for one. These guys are fishing.

There are members living in the north who get these given to them free.

Good luck.

Attachments

• 50 chev.JPG
    50 chev.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 21
  • 50chev1.JPG
    50chev1.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 20
51 Chevy 2 door. Has some rust around the truck area, floors look good. All the glass is there. Missing some trim pieces. Non running at this point. Not sure on a title, I think he says he has a hill of sale from a car lot it was sold at in 03. I have a guy who wants to trade me work for the car, so if I get it it will be put up for sale. I wont be keeping it. Just wondering a value

Could be $1000, or $4000 to the right person. I have no idea what values are in your area, but around here that car could easily fetch anywhere in that range.

I'm going to be 1400 into his project and like I said I'm going to flip the car if I get it. Not sure it's worth it.

I'm just asking for a rough price. I've never delt with cars of this era

The point is there are far too many variables to give anything other than the honest answer - It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. At this point without a title it's not even a car. It's a rough pile of parts that aren't very nice, rare or desirable. I wouldn't value it over $1000, especially in trade.

Think about it this way - There is a reason he is wanting to trade it to you for labor. If it was an easy sell it would have already been gone. My advice? Tell HIM to sell it and pay you your rate. Otherwise you're gonna be stuck with something you don't want and a very hard sell.

The point is there are far too many variables to give anything other than the honest answer - It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. At this point without a title it's not even a car. It's a rough pile of parts that aren't very nice, rare or desirable. I wouldn't value it over $1000, especially in trade.

Think about it this way - There is a reason he is wanting to trade it to you for labor. If it was an easy sell it would have already been gone. My advice? Tell HIM to sell it and pay you your rate. Otherwise you're gonna be stuck with something you don't want and a very hard sell.
I 100% agree on the variables on these project cars. I really didnt want the car just cause it would be a hassle to sell. The guy is a cheap skate and I believe he gets the cars for little to nothing. So it's worth it for him.

price

l found this where the other stuff l been trying to get and he wants $5OO.OO with no title , it's on a S1O chassis, he has all the parts, like doors, fenders, hood all painted and an extra parts car.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0840.jpg
    IMG_0840.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 24
the point is there are far too many variables to give anything other than the honest answer - it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. At this point without a title it's not even a car. It's a rough pile of parts that aren't very nice, rare or desirable. I wouldn't value it over $1000, especially in trade.

think about it this way - there is a reason he is wanting to trade it to you for labor. If it was an easy sell it would have already been gone. My advice? Tell him to sell it and pay you your rate. Otherwise you're gonna be stuck with something you don't want and a very hard sell.
bingo!

Around here - $600-$1200 with title. I'd guess it would be listed on CL for $1000 and they'd take a $800. Even 4 doors like that are listed for $1000, but sometimes you can find a runner for $500?

Blue Eyed Devil: How long is that string? Would you be interested in trading for 2 sticks?

l found this where the other stuff l been trying to get and he wants $5OO.OO with no title , it's on a S1O chassis, he has all the parts, like doors, fenders, hood all painted and an extra parts car.

Later :cool:

Nice find Skull, bargain price. Good thing I'm not close by.[S
:)

Latest posts

Back