1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass S

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
Plain Jane 1970 Olds A body car 350 Olds 2 barrel/TH350. One of the cars I bought one year ago. Finally brought it to my place to play and clean it up and decide what I want to do with it.

When I first found it.

After I removed all the vegetation.

Dirty engine! Hadn't verified what size it was. Pretty sure it was a 350 which it is.

Down in the South Valley in storage with other projects.

No muscle car here! 350 Olds 2 barrel! Cleaned it off, lubricated with Marvel Mystery Oil, turned it over, water pump stuck. Oh well! Hook up a battery, dump some fuel in the carb and it fires right up! Time to continue on this project. We have potential here!

We do have some performance. Dual Exhaust!

The interior is just nasty! The passenger side window is broken so all kinds of junk and critters have been in here.

Much better after removing 2 large garbage bags of crap and junk out of the insides and trunk. No dead bodies!! The carpets are not to bad. Just dirty!
I don't know how far I want to get into this one but it will need a new interior.

Still need to clean all the dirt off the seats.

I like the way you got the sun glistening off the windshield. It's like it is happy someone is finally paying attention to it.

IMG_20180411_124143211_HDR_zpsvc5rmrvt.jpg

So much nicer to work on when they are cleaned up and out. Have you determined why it was parked? Awesome rat material but for marketing value not many will see it that way.

The guy I bought it from was going to build it but never did. He drove it to where it sat for 15 years. Before that it was in a tow yard.

I found one in about that shape on the Navajo reservation back in 1980. No title, dogs had been living in it. We turned it into a Hobby Stock dirt-tracker and raced it at Aztec Speedway. It was one of the best-handling race cars I ever had. :)

Latest posts

Back