1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Pontiac is ultra cool and it doesn't even wobble. Great build. Thanks for posting so we could follow along.

Last edited:
Pictures, or it didn't happen, OI.
Good one, eliminating the death wobble.
Sorry crew, I was gonna do a video this weekend.
Just as we were starting to do it, about a mile from the casa, the engine died like it ran out of gas [S
Trailered it home and found out the new fuel pump was broken :eek: :confused: :(
I ordered one from the parts store and it will be in today.
Then a ROAD VIDEO for all :D

OK, got the correct fuel pump finally from the big O company.
Installed it fired it up and will be ready for the videoed run, as soon as it quits raining :D
Oh yeah, got my inspection today and as soon as I get the insurance took care of, it'll be legal to run on the roads :p

Boy, OI, are your priorities ever skewed. You thought we wouldn't enjoy the video unless you were completely legal. WRONG mistake. We're impatiently waiting for this little movie, OK. [ddd[ddd:D:D

OK, have had brake pedal issues from day one [S
Pump them to get pedal wait a couple seconds and no pedal. Kinda like a bad master cylinder. I installed another new one result was the same.
Adjusted the linkage from the pedal to the booster and alls good till you drive it and the brake pads start heating up and try to lock on their own :(
I've always put 4 wheel disc brakes on my vehicles with out a hitch.
This time I used rear calipers with e-brakes.
Come to find out, you have to move the e-brake lever back and forth to adjust the caliper piston out to the pads or the piston retracts far enough away from the pads that you lose brake pedal :eek:
:eek: Needless to say, I learned something yesterday :eek:
If you use the same calipers and are having trouble getting a firm pedal, now you too know what needs done :D

Glad to hear you are legal Iron! Good to know you don't have too keep an eye out for John Law while watching for all the other stuff that goes on with the shakedown runs...

WOW... I learned something new... I'm assuming this s on teh Rear disc that use the caliper and brake pad when the e-brake is applied as to the one that uses the internal brake shoe?

Good to know. Where the calipers a kit or did you use them off of something?

Glad to hear you are legal Iron! Good to know you don't have too keep an eye out for John Law while watching for all the other stuff that goes on with the shakedown runs...

WOW... I learned something new... I'm assuming this s on teh Rear disc that use the caliper and brake pad when the e-brake is applied as to the one that uses the internal brake shoe?

O-I, congrats on the legal stuff....and good info on the brakes,
glad you were able to figure it out......
The calipers came from Speedway
I'm glad I don't have to be lookin out too
CC13 that is correct
Thanks everyone thought this would be of help

OK, so I've been driving this ride instead of working on it :D
I installed the rear window electric regulator today.

Attachments

• IMG_20150415_154252555.jpg
    IMG_20150415_154252555.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Back