What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I thought I'd post what we got done this weekend too!
We cut and welded more on my sons Nash.Filled the center on top and got some welded in solid.The rear window was sloped way more than we wanted so we cut two parallel lines from the base of the top strait back and then across the trunk area. Then cut out 8 inches from there back ( the little wedge shape) and then slid the whole deck forward that 8 inches.Then we got it tacked back in and the passengers side got welded in solid.NOW we have to cut the trunk lid and lengthen it and fill in the 8 inch gap on the lid and the rear quarters!
This car has been cut on more than Michael Jackson! LOL!
I worked on my tudor too but will post pics later!

Very nice work.:cool:

Had to keep the peace & did some house projects that I've been slacking up on over the summer.

We finally got Don's T frame painted tonight. Actually came out pretty good for no booth and some bugs flying around. Used my new HF $ 9.99 spraygun (went back and bought 4 more today :D). With the luck I have with primer gelling in the gun prematurely, I can afford to toss these out.

Here are a couple pictures of his frame after painting it.

Don

Attachments

• dons t frame painted blue 004.jpg
    dons t frame painted blue 004.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 81
  • dons t frame painted blue 005.jpg
    dons t frame painted blue 005.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 75
  • dons t frame painted blue 006.jpg
    dons t frame painted blue 006.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 67
  • dons t frame painted blue 007.jpg
    dons t frame painted blue 007.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 67
Looks great Don. When does assembly start? I sent my dad after some of those spray guns today and he said our local store told him that they didn't know what he was talking about:mad:.

I'll shoot you the item number tomorrow, sale goes till the 15th of Oct. When I went in today to get 4 more they had moved them and I had to find a manager who knew where they were. HF gets screwed up like this sometimes. :(

Thanks about the frame. Assembly starts this weekend coming up. He and I plan to paint the suspension pieces this week, and start assembling Sat and Sun. Now that the frame is painted Don can take over the gun and do things like the gas tank, rear axle, etc. He has never sprayed, so this will be good experience for him. He didn't want to take chances with the frame, so I shot it, since I have done some painting before........but not an expert by any means.

I'll get you that item number tomorrow.

Don

Put rear end and motor in place to see what frame design i have to do. Eat ALLOT of food and just spent time with the family.

Attachments

• 04-12-09_Anna.jpg
    04-12-09_Anna.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 04-12-09_QC rearend.jpg
    04-12-09_QC rearend.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 97
I got a lot of bolts sorted today. I have my juiced up 300-6 shop truck about ready to fire off and I got a bit done toward building the adapter to put the T5 onto my 260. And I got aircleaners in the mail today to fit my 2-2 bbl home made intake.

Reveal!

I've been fightin' the reveal on the back of my truck after movinh it up 4 1/2". I've been stichin' it back together & nearly finished he passenger side & got 1/2 way on the drivers side. Will finish up this week & get on to the front & start the framework for the flooring!

I also tuned the QA1 shocks on my Chevelle... much better!

BoB

I made the cowl shape that I am happy with

HPIM0679.jpg

....and got Roofus mocked up far enough that I could see I will fit in it OK and

HPIM0683.jpg

HPIM0685.jpg

Roofus is coming along nicely, Flipper. No work on anything this past weekend. Made the weekend last thurs to yesterday. Suprised my mom in Maryland for her 83d birthday. Also saw a freind & cousin that I hadn't seen many, many years. And got to see my sis & her family, too.

Went to Easter Jeep Safari, in Moab Utah. Had a great time. A little rain, but a super time all in all. I'll link in some photos for you guys when I get caught up.

Went to Easter Jeep Safari, in Moab Utah. Had a great time. A little rain, but a super time all in all. I'll link in some photos for you guys when I get caught up.

I've always wanted to do that. A couple of years ago I heard they were closing off some of the areas around Moab. How many trails were lost?

I've always wanted to do that. A couple of years ago I heard they were closing off some of the areas around Moab. How many trails were lost?

It is on-going, I am afraid. More trails lost every year. The Red Rocks Four Wheeler do a great job and pull off an outstanding event every year.
http://www.moab-utah.com/jeep/index.html

Land Use issues are one of my main concerns. The direction the Government is taking is not good for us in the West right now.

Screw that, ill stick with my sticky deep mud. :D

I bet you folks out in the west would crawl down the grand canyon if allowed. Holy moly that made me draw up on that first drop.

Hey bone, ill bet you've wheeled with some of my buds from the bronco site. Especially the colorado boys.

Latest posts

Back