Greetz from Florida

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

Hey all, born and raised in Philly during the Bandstand era. The gang banging gear heads from that day had me started down the path of hotrodding with the goings ons with what they were doing back then. From 50 Fords to daddys four door Plymouth Fury. Yo.

In 1970, my first was a 1948 Dodge coupe. By the early 80's I started buying up any 50's 2 door I could find. Mostly Chevy's and Fords. A couple were given to me by folks that wanted them gone. I bought cars from junkyards, some with no titles, but I knew someone inside the system, who used a notary stamp like Quickdraw McGraw.

I called this operation "Lazarus Motors", - bringing them back. How appropriate here with Undead Sleds. Basically what I did was get these things drive able, run, steer, stop, with a nod to the nosing and decking and loud exhaust that I was familiar with. Sometimes I would shoot them with a quick flat black after patching, others I left original patina. Then I would sell them....eventually.

Anyway, my latest is a completely original 1953 Chevy 210 2 door. Wait.

Did I say original? The only thing NOT original here is the rebuilt 305 with holley 4 barrel, turbo 400 trans matched up with some unknown ten bolt with limited slip.

Scary loud ratty squeaky shake rattle and roll. But I have played this music before. Right now I found one old rusty original brakeline spraying the juice. So for now, it doesn't stop.

Stay tuned, thanks for reading.

Attachments

• IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1158.jpg
    IMG_1158.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Update and a couple more pics

Ok so I fixed the brake line and just need to re bleed all. Here are a couple pics, the Corvette rims are mis matched, 3 of them will not fit right front because of the backspace, the one that is on the right front is wider and deeper dish. So I am going to get four rims with the correct backspace.

It looks like it is sitting low in the back, but its not that bad, the air shocks that are there are not holding air.

Finally there are two things that will sell me on a car. One is an owners manual in the glovebox, the other is a Welch's juice bottle for a radiator overflow. In this case it was the latter.

Thanx for the welcomings.

Attachments

• IMG_1175.JPG
    IMG_1175.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1174.JPG
    IMG_1174.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 24
Welcome from Southeast Michigan area...

I dig the car, I'd give it a 8, it's got a good beat and you can dance around it... I also watched American Bandstand... :D

Thanks again for the welcomings. So far so good with this car, got a lot fixed without a lot of $.

Great car. When I was a kid my dad had 4 of those cars. 2 53's and 2 54's. The only thing I hated was hand rubbing the lacquer paint. Dad didn't like buffers. Yours looks like it has 1954 taillights. They looked much better than the 1953. [dr

Great car. When I was a kid my dad had 4 of those cars. 2 53's and 2 54's. The only thing I hated was hand rubbing the lacquer paint. Dad didn't like buffers. Yours looks like it has 1954 taillights. They looked much better than the 1953. [dr

lol...I agree, I probably wouldn't have looked at this if it had the 53 taillights. This is the second of this vintage I have owned. The first was a '54, with the 53 front! Now I am reversed with the same outcome. I have seen a few of these cars with 54 fronts, 53 lights. Weird.

I guess in those two years Chevy put together whatever they had on the shelf in the factory?

Latest posts

Back