'Race Cars'! Got one/had one... let's see it

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMCA Modified...

Attachments

• Mymod2.jpg
    Mymod2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Mymod1.jpg
    Mymod1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 53
Tough Truck 2wd stock Champion Ford Explorer...

Attachments

• 2009_0117stuff0010.jpg
    2009_0117stuff0010.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 2009_0214stuff0019.jpg
    2009_0214stuff0019.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Toughtruckchamp.jpg
    Toughtruckchamp.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Vickie Race car.jpg

I know you want our own but i dont have one ,,, this is my sister years ago , but I did paint it for her does that count :)

well I got one picture in ,, internet is acting stupid tonight ,, phone the same way

cars ,trucks 018.jpg

This was my Dads car and my big sister there in the picture .. ,,, this has been at least 60 years ago ... he loved dirt tracking ..

Gasser

Race local tracks winterport dragway has a flag start race, and Oxford dragway has a nostalgia class we run in. Both in Maine.

Our last Nostalgia Front Motor dragster, West Coast NE-1 ride that ran on a 7.50 index and our NE-2 28 Altered Roadster that ran a 8.50 index. Both have moved on to new owners. Lots of fun with great race friends.

Attachments

• Juice Bucket II Bakersfield #1.JPG
    Juice Bucket II Bakersfield #1.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Car Sale Pic 1-18-09 024.jpg
    Car Sale Pic 1-18-09 024.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 50
Home Built Vintage Dragster

dmw56 -- Thanks for the nice words.

Another Vintage dragster I ran was built in my garage like we did in the old days. Ran a 194" Chevy 6 with dual 94 carbs. This car was built for old school "Flag Starts" at Eagle Field in central California. :D

dwarf

my street legal dwarf car, wish l still had it.....picture 4 we are still working on it so the grille and hood is on for mock up purposes at this point in time.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• dwarf car 2.jpg
    dwarf car 2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 76
  • dwarf car4.jpg
    dwarf car4.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 63
  • dwarf car 3.jpg
    dwarf car 3.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 67
  • dwarf car 1.jpg
    dwarf car 1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 73
Built street stocks for 10 years, then went to IMCA dirt Modifieds where I won the 1988 rookie of the year. Won many awards for best appearing car and crew through the years.

weld on..........[;)

Attachments

• 1990 ORANGE CRUSHED RACE TEAM 001.jpg
    1990 ORANGE CRUSHED RACE TEAM 001.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 77
Come on guys, there has to be more vintage race cars out their. Get to posting, we enjoy looking at and reading the history on each one.[P

Photo of Benny Parsons driving at Mt. Clemens Race track

Benny Parsons, Larry Lemay both got started in Mt. Clemens Race track running stock cars...

Attachments

• m^Benny_Parsons_driving_ray_nece_jims_catering_chevrolet_from_tommy_gullet.jpg
    m^Benny_Parsons_driving_ray_nece_jims_catering_chevrolet_from_tommy_gullet.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 45
my bantam

i built this back in '94 for a nostalgia race we had here at are local track. at that time, there was only 2 races of this type at any track in socal. the antique nats and the yesteryears drags. the old time type drags had not caught on yet. that is not to say there wern't nostalgia drags, there were, just not running old motors.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 55
Looks like you be the guy to go to for any flathead questions....

i built this back in '94 for a nostalgia race we had here at are local track. at that time, there was only 2 races of this type at any track in socal. the antique nats and the yesteryears drags. the old time type drags had not caught on yet. that is not to say there wern't nostalgia drags, there were, just not running old motors.

Hope you don't mind if I bother you down the road with my flattie questions?? lol :D

Probably not what anyone expects. Then again, maybe it is?

Attachments

• dave06.jpg
    dave06.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 33
  • cspblack1.jpg
    cspblack1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 33
  • cspblue1.jpg
    cspblue1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-14Dave1_zps4ef3f4db.jpg
    2-14Dave1_zps4ef3f4db.jpg