Hercules

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grill shell looks great.:cool: :cool: :cool:
You will figure out the stud issue.
Some day I will build one from scratch. New metal. All nice and shiny.:eek: :D :D [;) [;) [;)
[P [P [P
p.s. You are fast.:cool:
Torchie

Got some sheet metal work done, started with easy flat floor pieces, formed the driveshaft tunnel over - a driveshaft :) - took some grunting, 18 ga. is tougher to bend than 20 ga. but easier to weld without burning holes.[;)[;)
Made and installed the cowl skin, the filler pieces below the window frame I made from 1/8" plate and welded the skin on from the underside to it so there is no weld showing below the window frame..

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3729.JPG
    IMG_3729.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3730.JPG
    IMG_3730.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3732.JPG
    IMG_3732.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 74
What about brass cap nuts or brass pan heads, polished of course.

I like the brass, but not so keen on a bunch of fasteners on the surface. I may just grind some spots on the backside and weld studs on - not like its a fabulous paint job, a little sanding and a re-spray is not the end of the world, I just hate do-overs....
There will be more brass trim to come though, window frames and such - lots of ideas floating around in my mental toolbox...:rolleyes:

MercuryMac got me thinking about the 'looks too thick' stick for the Ford tranny, so I dug up the old shifter from my 34 Caddy project to graft onto the Ford end. Sometimes its actually worth hanging onto old stuff.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3734.JPG
    IMG_3734.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 56
I like the brass, but not so keen on a bunch of fasteners on the surface. I may just grind some spots on the backside and weld studs on - not like its a fabulous paint job, a little sanding and a re-spray is not the end of the world, I just hate do-overs....
There will be more brass trim to come though, window frames and such - lots of ideas floating around in my mental toolbox...:rolleyes:

I think that's what I'll do on my A shell, welding studs on the back, except it's quite thin sheet metal so it will be a bit of a challenge.

This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised with a chunk of metal and a bead roller... "The Flying H" :):cool: My bead rollers throat was not deep enough to reach the center, so I had to cut it in half thru the center of the H and weld it back together.

attachment.php

Tires showed up yesterday so I had them mounted - the guys at Kal Tire couldn't understand why I would put the white letters in... it's hard to get old school tires like this in the sizes I wanted so the BFG
Radial TA's are an easy way to go, just can't get blackwalls.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thinking I might do the brass thing on the Flying H too....[S:rolleyes:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3738.JPG
    IMG_3738.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3736.JPG
    IMG_3736.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3741.JPG
    IMG_3741.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3740.JPG
    IMG_3740.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 65
Love the flying H![cl[cl[cl

I did the same thing with my new tires. To get the sizes I wanted, they came in white letters. If it had been a mid 50’s I’d probably turned them out, but I like black walls better on earlier stuff.

Latest posts

Back