Hercules

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm currently sparking up my credit card acquiring parts 😝
I know the feeling, mines getting overheated too...:(

Made a start today on the doors, something I've been avoiding 'cause I know how much work they are to build. Besides just fitting the hole, there's hinges, latches, window channels, garnish moulding and so on... First, taped 1/4"spacers around the frame then made the first sheetmetal parts of the inner structure.
attachment.php

Also drilled more holes in the dash for the air gauges for the full meal deal :) Ignition and light switch go in the middle and blinker, hi beam lights, so no other holes in the dash. I'm going to use a single Jeep style wiper motor over the window with a switch on it, gotta keep things simple :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3944.JPG
    IMG_3944.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3943.JPG
    IMG_3943.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 56
Are you going to suicide the doors? Looking good!

Yep. :)
Door # 1 taking shape, it's about 1" lower in front than at the rear of the door and I gave the top of the window opening a bit of a curve for that old timey look, rounded the corners. Been 16 years since I made the doors for the Hennway and I seem to have forgotten how I did it - getting back on the learning curve means some pieces end up as scrap :(. Well at least lessons learned on this one should make the other door go together easier.....

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3945.JPG
    IMG_3945.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3946.JPG
    IMG_3946.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 62
So I'm looking at the pic of the door from yesterday and spotted a monumental screw up.... I forgot to allow for the door gap at the top when placing the window opening, so it wound up being about 5/16" too low, not matching the height of the quarter window :mad: Also the gap at the front of the door was too wide :( Spent half the day cutting it apart and raising the opening and welding a strip to the front edge of the door - then fixing all the warpage from welding. Did get the door handle and mech mounted, window tracks done and window winder from the F100 figured out tho...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3947.JPG
    IMG_3947.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back