What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to a swap meet,spent ten dollars on a 4 speed hurst shifter mechanism that turns out to be for a mopar according to numbers,I have a muncie. Also got a set of spindles and steering arms and 40 backingplates for my 29 A. Finished taking apart wishbone or radius rods from axle,what a pain.

I built this wagon for my grandson who turns 1 year old in Dec. Then took it all apart to get it all powder coated.
11-14-10008.jpg

Ya'll were productive this weekend :) I got the spring spreader and squeezed
that rear spring back in place. The new shackles have plastic bushings that replaced the original Ford steel ones and they made a surprising difference. It seems to be both quieter and smoother riding.

Put some new seats in my car for the Daytona Turkey Run trip. Not sure about the finish yet but the seats themselves are nicer than my old bomber style seats.

Put some new seats in my car for the Daytona Turkey Run trip. Not sure about the finish yet but the seats themselves are nicer than my old bomber style seats.

I like the look, but I agree the finish isn't doin it for me. Not that you need opinions as the car is fantastic, but if the seats were stripped of paint would tie into the rest of the interior really well. Maybe even recover the seats with a black fabric to bring it all together.

Once again no car stuff, but finally got all my sheetrock up in the garage. One small step at a time...

Thanks for the opinion pistolpete. I'm pretty sure I have a plan of action. I just have to think on it a couple of days to be sure. It'll all tie together in the end.

did 8 hrs of firearm and taser training. Got tased twice (the taser broke the first time it hit me!). finished up the honey do list sunday.

got my headers welded up now i got to clean them up and get them mounted. i can always cut for a fin to make them to the sound level that will suit me, but i still like them loud.

Attachments

• tnwa.jpg
    tnwa.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 30
  • tnwae.jpg
    tnwae.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 35
  • tnwaes.jpg
    tnwaes.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 30
I'm on 9 day weekend :p and got a couple things done so far like covering that hole I had to cut in the trans hump and I replaced that paper thin metal under the battery. Sure am glad my welds are going to be covered up. [;)

Attachments

• GEDC0535.jpg
    GEDC0535.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 29
  • GEDC0540.jpg
    GEDC0540.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 27
  • GEDC0543.jpg
    GEDC0543.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 30
You guys sound like you are having all the fun. I fired the plow truck up and spent the afternoon plowing snow. First plow of the season so the ground will freeze.

I installed a 2.5in gash in the top of my left hand while cutting off a zip tie with my pocket knife. Zip tie was holding the speedometer cable and keeping me from removing the gauge cluster. I know, I shouldn't went for the dykes to cut it. :eek:

Safety tip:
Breath Right nasal strips will hold a gash closed if you have no Steri-Strips available and it helps to be married to an LPN. :)

Latest posts

Back