What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on the seat mounts & misc stuff in the interior! Still trying to put in several hrs a day on this project! When I get a lil bored with one aspect I switch to another... it all has to get done sooner or later & it keeps me moving forward! Ummm... I get bored easily! [;)

BoB

Still getting rid of all the parts collected through the years. Not going to build more hot rods so there's no need to save parts that might be used "someday". Emptied the rafters and shelving in the back garage this weekend. Some items to scrap, many to a younger friend who can sell the stuff at swap meets, a few "keeper" items.

Tripper, that's a good technique. Keeps the project moving.

Nothing happening on the car lately. Honey-do list time. Gardens, mow lawn, kill weeds, replace the sewer pump and 135ft of underground wire, level driveways, scrape and paint the fence. Down to the last one on the list.

My buddy Jr and I have passed all inspections so far and got the floors poured on his house. Got that done Saturday. We've been wanting to get out fishing. So we get out on the lake. Got my boat in and as I'm backing out of the launching ramp, I noticed the prop back off the shaft on my trolling motor. I dropped anchor when I saw it fall. I pulled clothes and boots off and in I went. Found the prop but not the nut and Jr. couldn't produce one with right threads out of his truck. I asked if he had any large zip ties and he looked at me like yeah, that's not going to work. Anyway he found some. The pix are from after fishing all afternoon, using nothing but the trolling motor. We caught 6 bass, but had no camera. I got these when I got home.

zip tie to the rescue...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_0294.jpg
    102_0294.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 102_0295.jpg
    102_0295.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 82
First wall blocks laid about 8:30 am. They were done by 6 pm.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1558794133269.jpg
    1558794133269.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20190525_141823.jpg
    IMG_20190525_141823.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20190525_175547.jpg
    IMG_20190525_175547.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 65
Nothing happening on the car lately. Honey-do list time. Gardens, mow lawn, kill weeds, replace the sewer pump and 135ft of underground wire, level driveways, scrape and paint the fence. Down to the last one on the list.

Same program here Dozer. Prime time for Honey Do's. Tile, stair work, etc.

Nice prop fix Small. :D

Another truckload of unwanted parts ready for the scrap yard. Heads, crankshafts, and so on. Took a load of good stuff to my young friend to sell on line and at swap meets. He can keep the money.

Presently having fun stopping the leaks in the brake system on the roadster, whilst bleeding them.

Like many of you, springtime chores outdoors, in between rain showers.

Getting ready for the Dirt Drags

I spent the three day weekend working on the Heathen. I lubed the chassis, checked all fluids, made sure everything is working as advertised. I re-wired my small fiberglass trailer and packed it full of tools and books. I also made sure I have everything else I might need in the trunk.

I went out for a few hits on a hard-packed dirt road to experiment with different launch techniques.I've attached a short video of one pass each direction. I'll post video from the Dirt Drags when I get time to edit and load them, probably on Monday.

https://youtu.be/PBV5fFQorxs

Have Fun!!!

It is just me or is that a long 1/4 mile[S
Sounds good, did I hear squalling tires on the launch [S

We're heading to Durango on the 31st won't get there till Sat. PM. Maybe next time.:p

Videos [P

Yeah it's a pretty good stretch from the stop sign to that house. :D I was just mostly seeing how it acted starting in drive with the AOD. Too bad we'll miss you. The tires did squeal a little on that hard-packed dirt.[cl

BS line, often heard among "old school" drag racers... "It'll hook on a dirt road." :D

Drag racing on dirt is counterintuitive to those of us who cut our teeth on asphalt and concrete... all that aside, I wish you the best of luck and I'll look forward to your photos and/or video results!

When You're Hot, You're Hot!

About 2 hours...trusses are up!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_0337.jpg
    102_0337.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 102_0338.jpg
    102_0338.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 102_0339.jpg
    102_0339.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 52
It's pretty well laid out for natural light. Lots of windows and that vaulted area is open from one end to the other. Kitchen flows into dining area then pool room. We build em different down here than up in cold climes. The position of this one takes into account the direction of the sun at the hottest time of the year with what shade there is now and what is coming in the future. We worry more with cooling than heating. The concrete block construction here is over and above what code calls for. The top 3 courses of block are poured solid along with poured verticle cells with rebar every 3rd block. There is continuous rebar top course and 3rd course for entire perimeter. We should have had some of the sheathing up today but ran afoul with some errors on the manufacturers part on the gable trusses. Had to figure a bottom shim the entire length to raise the ends and a small change in overhang. Not the time to make changes in height on a gable end that is heavy on it's own but we have plywood sheathing on it too and the crane left yesterday. :rolleyes: Then the rains hit...tomorrow is another day...

Latest posts

Back