Florida Guys

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost power Sunday night around 12:15 (I guess that is officially Monday morning) Didn't get it back until Thursday afternoon. Wednesday night was tough to sleep due to the rising humidity. Having a generator is really a game changer. As SmallFoot said, by the time it reached us here in Central FL it was tropical strength winds. My tree in the front yard got it's butt whooped but survived. Lost a few shingles, but we made it thru just fine. Where I live we are in one of the highest areas around so we didn't get any flooding at all. I had to drain my pool twice before we lost power. Also, FL is mostly sand based and the water usually drains pretty good.
The small school I work at has what we like to call the petrified forest and it had a few trees come down and a lot of limbs & leaves everywhere (10 acres). I have been busier than a one armed paper-hanger trying to get it cleaned up so we can open on Monday. Thank goodness one of our students grandfather spent a whole day with his tractor & chainsaw helping me get a few of these trees moved. Still have several days of work for me, but at least we can open Monday.

Okie dokie then.....Just got my power back about an hour ago. Gonna feel good to get the house cool and take a shower again. I rode it out here. Not a damaged building or bent piece of tin...trees everywhere though. Took me 3 days to clear my driveway. Then there was that tree on the power. They just got that done this morning.
I lost power Sunday evening about 7:15. That was about 7 or 8 hours before the eye went by. As far as wind strength, it was probably a wuss. Because of it's immense size, it covered the entire state from south to north and east to west. If Irma was target shooting, she hit a bullseye and we've been center punched. This state has been thru it so much, they generally have it mastered for a plan when things like this happen. The clean up effort has been phenomenal. To have restored as much as they have in only a week is amazing. Thanks for all the effort! And thanks everybody for thinking of us. I've got a few pix I'll post later. Right now, with power on, I have to take of some things still. Later!

Good to here from ya all. Several days ago we passed 100+ tree cutting service vehicles in less than 2 hrs all headed your way. They mobilized early to get down there before the storm had even passed.

Amazing what guys who don't like snow will put up with,lol.

Perfect way to sum that up WB! [ddd

Sorry for the lack of pix. Was kinda busy...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/attachment.php?
attachmentid=136208&stc=1&d=1505696995
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/attachment.php?
attachmentid=136209&stc=1&d=1505696995
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0488.jpg
    DSCN0488.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN0489.jpg
    DSCN0489.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN0490.jpg
    DSCN0490.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN0491.jpg
    DSCN0491.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN0492.jpg
    DSCN0492.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN0493.jpg
    DSCN0493.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN0494.jpg
    DSCN0494.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN0495.jpg
    DSCN0495.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0496.jpg
    DSCN0496.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0497.jpg
    DSCN0497.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 45
Hurricane Irma coffee maker

and heat source for breakfast lunch and dinner for 6 days....:D
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0499.jpg
    DSCN0499.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 38
Good to see u Gastrick! I heard from one of my buds over in Tampa this am. He didn't even lose power. Must not be any trees where he is. We were lucky. Because I'm where I'm at, out in the boonies, I don't expect to get much help. I'm usually last on the list to restore and that's the way it is and is supposed to be..I don't really care. I'm about as easy to get along with whether there's power or not. Make like a duck in the rain, let it slide right off your back...

Glad to see it was only trees damaged Smallfoot. A lot of work for the clean up.

Yessir! 3 days to clear my driveway to the road. (fuel to run equipment not available) The absolute worst thing about the whole ordeal is that it would have been easier to make out for a week if the people in charge wouldn't have gotten people in a frenzy before the storm. Get this. We were out of gas locally 2 days prior to the storm landing here. They had 5 million people evacuating. Where to you might ask? My question exactly! For lots of them it was a big "OOOPS!!!" They ran from the east side to the west side. The storm took the west side. They ran back to the east side. Some of them ran all the way to Georgia. The storm went that way too. Now then, we have no gas, no ice, no food, no nuttin because all these lost souls are riding around like fools in a hurricane looking for shelter. They probably left good shelter to trade it for a road trip in unGodly conditions....

Latest posts

Back