2Brl Air Cleaner - What's good?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronRat

I'm going to a 6x2 intake on my 394 olds.

Looking at air filters I'm wondering how can these mushroom style housings possibly get good air flow?

compared with this style?

What do you use and what do you think about it?

The mushroom is deceiving. It's larger than the filter/base and open underneath...

attachment.php

Attachments

• mushroom.jpg
    mushroom.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 40
No, for tri power 2 bbls. Used on FE engines, 390, 406, and 427's. Google Ford tri power and you should find some pic. I would link some for you but don't know how to from my phone.

No, for tri power 2 bbls. Used on FE engines, 390, 406, and 427's. Google Ford tri power and you should find some pic. I would link some for you but don't know how to from my phone.

OK…Gottcha now. I do know those and they look pretty good.

But, that one won't fit this:

Yeah, I see. Didn't realize you wer running a six pack. There might be some of the oval style narrow enough to fit side by side.

What about a MoPar style six pack? Not as good looking IMHO, but might work. They make repops of them now I think. Might be able to use the filter from one and build your own housing.

….. Might be able to use the filter from one and build your own housing.

That's an idea.

I'll have plenty of time this winter to figure it out. I got 1/2 my Summer Honey Do list left on home repair/remodeled punch list. I don't think I'll be able to get started on rebuilding the carbs until winter.

I was real happy to find the whole set-up for the 394. I've been looking for about a year now.

Latest posts

Back