I'm Gonna Build A Dragster!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, that's a solid steering arm unit, I like the lighting holes to kill a bit of weight. It will all come together when you get everything repainted. A few holes in that axle will kill 10-15#, right out front were you need to loss it, just an idea.[cl

Next stop is carburation. The 3 2 bbls seemed to work good but were not very adjustable. I've decided to go with 2 4 bbls. instead. Will run a pair of Holleys. Probably 750's. With vacuum secondaries. Made a new top plate and started on some walnut carb spacers. By mounting them sideways the mixture flow to the ports should be good.

Attachments

• IMG_3091.jpg
    IMG_3091.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3093.jpg
    IMG_3093.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 24
Nice looking top plate and spacers. You may really need that cam
change now.[cl[cl

Looks like we are trying for 10.25 range :D[;):D

Linkage is built. There is a throttle cable running from the cross shaft to the gas pedal. Have yet to tie that end in. Then on to fuel lines. With vacuum secondaries the engine should only draw as much fuel/air as it needs.

Attachments

• IMG_3094.jpg
    IMG_3094.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 36
Faces to Names

Been working on the roadster project and neglecting the dragster. Just received this pic from the Fall Out Drags. Taken by ace pro photographer Mr. Davis. Driver Dave, Crew Chief Jerry and little ol' me.

Will be starting on a real header soon. Want to get the dragster in the 10's. 10.99 is the goal.

Attachments

• IMG_3139.jpg
    IMG_3139.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Two 4 BBL on that intake with a 3000 rpm trans brake leave and 10.99 should be no problem, I'm seeing 10.50 or better after you have your tune up like you need it..[cl

With a true header type exhaust & a bit more cam 10.25 might be in your future. Do they make taller rockers for that slant motor? Rockers are an easy way to get more lift without a cam change. Sure is a fine looking & running SDRA dragster.:D

It's tough to work with tears in my eyes. RIP Torchie

In the quest to get the dragster in the 10's, a real scientific header is needed. In my opinion. Couldn't find anyone making a flange plate so homemade it is. Decided to make a plate for all 12 ports. The intake manifold will bolt over the plate, sandwiching the header plate to the head. The header itself will be 3 into one with two 18" collectors. The hole saw work is done. Now to shape the holes to match the gasket. I bought an electric die grinder. Much faster than waiting for the air compressor to catch up.

Attachments

• IMG_3146.jpg
    IMG_3146.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back