jb super weld

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bach4660

Came out of an intersection hard on the gas, and big cloud of smoke, half block later when I pulled onto a side street, hood was filled, etc. Turns out the tranny cooler line either was rubbing, or touched the hot on the starter and burned a pin hole through it, so it was spraying tranny fluid onto the pipes.
Called a buddy who showed up with jb super weld, wiped the line down coated it, waited 5 minutes, crawled under thought it was still tacky, waited 5 more and started the truck and it held. Drove it home (tranny fluild had gone from full to just above the add line) 6 miles.
Fastest and cleanest street repair ever. This morning I replaced the line.

Came out of an intersection hard on the gas, and big cloud of smoke, half block later when I pulled onto a side street, hood was filled, etc. Turns out the tranny cooler line either was rubbing, or touched the hot on the starter and burned a pin hole through it, so it was spraying tranny fluid onto the pipes.
Called a buddy who showed up with jb super weld, wiped the line down coated it, waited 5 minutes, crawled under thought it was still tacky, waited 5 more and started the truck and it held. Drove it home (tranny fluild had gone from full to just above the add line) 6 miles.
Fastest and cleanest street repair ever. This morning I replaced the line.
THAT stuff has saved my hash more than once

This comes in handy too

s-l300.jpg

Latest posts

Back