1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little progress

John and I got out in the shop today and began putting the steel top on.
I got this from a 62 Chevy station wagon.

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

As soon as I can get back to it, after this round of snow, I'll cut to size and start welding it in.

I'd love to comment but none of the pictures will

show up.... :( but if everyone else says it's cool...I'll go with that.....:D

Must be our system at work.....

even the photo bucket pics do the same thing....just boxes with a smaller square box and a red X in the middle....says photo 48jpg in the middle or whatever photo number it is....wonder if the software on this computer can't download certain types or is it the firewalls...not sure, but will check...Not a computer wiz so.....have to go by everyone elses comments for now.....

Your build is a treasure Trove of pics for me. My 33 Chevy four door has exactly the same body but is missing a lot of pieces. Weirdly, someone had cut the back off of my car as well and used it to haul hay.:mad:
I don't suppose you'd consider selling those extra rear door hinges, would you? I'm missing mine.

Good work....

Looks great. Just think, if we were rich, we could just go out and buy one!

Oh wait ! Then we'd have to learn to play golf! Nevermind....[ddd

BTW, the top is gonna look great. [cl

Lynn

serrata, Glad it's helping you on yours.
I'd be happy to send the hinges your way. All it will cost ya is the ride.
PM me and I'll get your address.
Thanks shakey, I used to play golf until it started making me mad :eek:
I finally ended up giving my clubs to my youngest Grandson ;)
It was like taken an Alka Seltzer "Oh what a relief it is" :D

Progress

I got the roof all welded in and moved the body away from the lift.

54.jpg

Then put half the hood on for a photo op :D

55.jpg

I know there are different opinions and I respect them all however, I'm won't be chopping the roof or extending the front doors.

Last edited:
Thanks!!

To make that smooth transition from the original rear door to the rear window, did you use sections from the parts car rear doors? It looks like you have patches in there. It looks perfect!

Latest posts

Back