Hello from Ontario

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cletus.t

Hey Guys,

Coming in from Ontario Canada. Working on a 1928 Model A Tudor. It'll be the first rat but in the past I've built a 52 GMC, and 69 cutlass. Pictures of the rat to come

313rslw.jpg

bfgn75.jpg

Still not the greatest pics but you get the gist for now

Hey Ontario people. Maybe you guys can help me. All I got when I bought the car was a bill of sale. I have a registration paper, but someone said its no good?

Any tips? I don't really want to move forward on the car till I can get it in my name

Hey Cletus....I would go see Service Ontario, they will help you out. I'm not sure what you mean by "registration paper" but I presume you don't mean an ownership. I had no ownership on mine when I started out - had to get an appraisal, and get a JOP or lawyer to sign an affidavit that I was the rightful owner - took that to the Service Ontario office and voila - had an ownership for the car in my name.

I hope this helps.

I was in your trade thread, but it disappeared.

Near as I can tell, you wasted your money on an American document for a car you don't possess. Frame it and hang it on the wall, or feed it to your fireplace. (Owning the document is fine, USING the document improperly is illegal.)

BillM seems to know the ropes. Good luck!

Hey Cletus....I would go see Service Ontario, they will help you out. I'm not sure what you mean by "registration paper" but I presume you don't mean an ownership. I had no ownership on mine when I started out - had to get an appraisal, and get a JOP or lawyer to sign an affidavit that I was the rightful owner - took that to the Service Ontario office and voila - had an ownership for the car in my name.

I hope this helps.

Hey Bill,
were you able to keep it as a classic car. or is it now a late model vehicle?

I don't have it plated yet, as it is still under construction. Right now, it's just registered in my name as "unfit". The plate will come shortly when I get the certification. My avatar was registered as a historic vehicle, but lately I've been reading a lot of press about a crackdown on historic plated vehicles used beyond the designation of historic. All the plate really saves you is on the yearly sticker cost. I'm losing my nerve with the way insurance will drop you for any cause, so I'll be registering my car with normal plates and insuring it as "special interest" through Hagerty or someone.

Good luck with yours.

Sorry Cletus, maybe I didn't completely answer - my Graham is registered as a 1928, but will be plated with normal plates not historic.

Latest posts

Back