Paint opinions for my ride ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deuce rat

I'm soon going to be painting my coupe and have come up with two ideas.
These pics are not my car but photoshoped to get images of what I have in mind.

One idea is Hot Rod Matte Black with Hugger Orange scallops

Two would be an Off White with Hugger Orange scallops

Both would have Hugger Orange "Steelie" wheels.

Give me your thoughts.....[P

Attachments

• hd1084_32Ford_OrangeScallops.jpg
    hd1084_32Ford_OrangeScallops.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 91
  • done_zps65f1ed0f.jpg
    done_zps65f1ed0f.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 93
IMHO, the lighter color wash's out the body lines where the darker color brings out the lines that make those body's the classic's they are.

I want to know how you changed the color on the car so good [cl
If you say PhotoShop I want to know the steps you took [P

So what does the body look like now? You should post that up as well.

We went with scallops over patina with some paint, but not all. I've been happy with the results. As an option for ya :)

Sweet car. Do the top section in a medium satin brown with some cool subtle multi colored flake. Do the body lines in a darker shiny brown so they pop out. Do the bottom and rear deck of the car in a mocha satin/flat, with scallops that match the roof section with a large border on them that matches the tone of the other colors. Do the grill shell in the same mocha satin. Do the grill insert in the same color as the top section.

Then tint the windows in a bronze tone to match the other colors.

Since you already have what appears to be a good black paint down, keep it simple and paint the scallops on. If you decide you don't like the orange on black, paint the whole thing.

Seems a lot easier than painting it white, realizing it sucks, then repainting it black.

Latest posts

Back