36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E-man, if you're going to thin the herd, what better way to get the word out there, is there than good advertising, right? Well, early this summer I accidently ran into some of the crew of a Canadian TV show called 'Lost Car Rescue' at our local A&W. They liked my stories, so they sent out a guy to interview me and list my projects. Pretty soon there were quite a few phone calls, then the TV producers came out for a 'lookround'. They all really liked my SuperBee and its story, so that's what they were after. It was all set up for today - my TV debut, and the showing of my cars. This morning a producer phoned and cancelled, leaving me speechless and hollow inside. No more stardom, no more advertising.

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1612.jpg
    IMG_1612.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1610.jpg
    IMG_1610.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 16
That sounds like a big disappointment and a waste of your time.

Keep on keeping on, Mac. Similarly, I've had a lot of photographers waste my time over the years. "We want old trucks for the background of a music video, yours is perfect!" So you make plans and then they cancel it all the day of. I once spent a full day at a photo shoot with 3 different photographers with my 46. They shot each vehicle in this cool old barn. The only photos I ever saw from that shoot were 3 of my truck sitting outside the barn waiting to be shot inside the barn. Never saw a single one of my truck in the barn, and I was supposed to get every image they took.

Some friends participated in filming for Quon Dynasty restaurant documentary with their classic cars in Edmonton. They said they'd never do it again. Very similarly, the creators don't care if they waste your time.

That sounds like a big disappointment and a waste of your time.

Keep on keeping on, Mac. Similarly, I've had a lot of photographers waste my time over the years. "We want old trucks for the background of a music video, yours is perfect!" So you make plans and then they cancel it all the day of. I once spent a full day at a photo shoot with 3 different photographers with my 46. They shot each vehicle in this cool old barn. The only photos I ever saw from that shoot were 3 of my truck sitting outside the barn waiting to be shot inside the barn. Never saw a single one of my truck in the barn, and I was supposed to get every image they took.

Some friends participated in filming for Quon Dynasty restaurant documentary with their classic cars in Edmonton. They said they'd never do it again. Very similarly, the creators don't care if they waste your time.

Your right they don't. They still get payed either way. I have let people use cars I have built for music vids. All day fiasco and you get a corner of the car used in a 3 min video for all day of sitting hahaha

Your right they don't. They still get payed either way. I have let people use cars I have built for music vids. All day fiasco and you get a corner of the car used in a 3 min video for all day of sitting hahaha

Yeah, the car is just decor to them so they don't care about your time. I won't do anything like that again.

Thank you, Guys, for your support.
I'm not an emotional guy, but I staggered a wee bit at that blow.
And Dutch, I told all my friends how famous I'd be and how I wouldn't change.
The TV people had a pretty good excuse and I believe them. They had a hard time rescuing the car just before mine and it took an extra day to shoot that wreck, so they had no time left for my story and 'no sale' car. They knew they weren't going to get my Super Bee.
:(:(:(

I’ve got a couple of friends that rent out a couple of their cars to the movie folks in Georgia. One of them will stay on set all day, sometimes they even get to do the driving. They get pretty good money most of the time, their 66 Fairlane has been in several movies and music videos. They are careful to check out which offers they get, if they can’t stay on set within sight of the car they decline to go. One bunch wanted to pick up their Bronco and bring it back that night, yeah, right. They’d probably never saw it again, so they told them to pound sand, only way is if they come with the car, otherwise, no dice. It’s not a steady income, but seems to pay good when they get a gig.

I've been neglecting the little truck for a long time, so I started fixing on it today. It has never fired on all eight cylinders all of the time since I installed the three deuce set up. Only when I really tromp on it, does it come alive.
I've changed a lot of things and nothing seems to help. Today, I took off the two end, secondary carbs and am replacing them with primaries, because I think the #1 and #8 cylinders are starving most of the time. [Because of the longest, crookedest runners.] Luckily, I have amassed a large box full of old Holley's so I'm just going to rebuild a couple and mount them. I'll run the linkage a little differently and have all three carbs working all of time. This will be the umteenth carburetor rendition I've tried.
The secondary carbs will probably be chucked into that big box of junky Holley 94's.

Attachments

• IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 16
And no power valve in the secondaries also. I've tried a lot of different things to make the truck sound right and nothing has helped so far. Spark plugs and wires were changed. I've blocked off the air at the top of the secondaries and at the bottom of them too. There has been a different primary in the centre; all to no avail. I've siliconed all around the bottoms of each carb, still no help. The intake manifold was removed and re-gasketed and replaced; again nothing.
The blocking off of the idle circuit and the power valves must lean out the mixture too much for most of the rev range, especially on the longest intake runners.

Latest posts

Back