1950 dodge truck tribute to my son

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
horns

l hooked up those trumpet looking horns under the front fenders today,

wow !!!

they are almost as loud as air horns, my neighbor a block up the road said he heard them clearly[cl

because of the big size, took 4 hours figuring out where the horns would fit and not hit anything[S:

also got the headlights and front turn signals in, not a lot today, but it's progress.

Later:cool:

progress tonght

we mocked up the steering, tilt column with wheel in the driving/down position it looks like it will let me be able to see all the guages[cl:D

horn pics & headlight/front-end pic.

Attachments

• DSCI0229.jpg
    DSCI0229.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCI0231.jpg
    DSCI0231.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCI0232.jpg
    DSCI0232.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCI0234.jpg
    DSCI0234.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCI0228.jpg
    DSCI0228.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCI0233.jpg
    DSCI0233.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 55
progress today

we got the battery box in the bed, put in braces so l can put in the wood in the bed. also played with the steering, hope to finish that tomorrow.

l plan on starting the motor to get it dialed in early next week.

looking real positive that l will have it running for June 25th, that is Jimmy's birthday....... the billitproof cruise is July 25th in centralia and that is what l am shooting for:D

l have 3 of my friends who plan to have there trucks done so we can all cruise down together and have a fun night[cl

Attachments

• DI0231.jpg
    DI0231.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCI25.jpg
    DSCI25.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCI022.jpg
    DSCI022.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCI30.jpg
    DSCI30.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCI07.jpg
    DSCI07.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCI0.jpg
    DSCI0.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 70
  • DS0228.jpg
    DS0228.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 72
slow, but progress

l got the battery cables ran from the bed to;

1.hot lead to the starter, with a cole hersee switch,

2. two grounds to the frame from the battery,

then other grounds are;

1. ground from engine to frame,

2. body to frame,

if anyone thinks this is not enough, please let me know and l will add more, l don't want any starting issues, that is why l am asking [S:

l put the same system on my 1966 chevelle and it works fine.

Attachments

• cole hersee.jpg
    cole hersee.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 27
surprise!

ya, l thought that made a cool batery cover, too.

how surprised is someone gonna be when the try to grab the "gas" and run and it won't move:eek:

turns over!!

l went out this morning, hooked up the battery, hit the key, AND AND AND, wait for it,------------------------------ IT TURNED OVER::D[dr[cl:p:)

now to get my friends rear in gear to help finish up all the little things so we can start it this week.:eek:

the deadline is looking more and more of a reality:)

FIRE!!!

l went out and did some of the get ready to start stuff.

poured a little gas down the carb, she turned over about 5 times, started and ran for a few seconds till the fuel ran out. l did this 4 times:D[cl[dr

hi ray, long time no hear.

now to button up the little stuff and vroooooommmmmmmmm[ddev

Your Build

Been followin your build and I had to say how much I like what you're doin. And you are making great progress....you're gonna make your deadline, I am sure. Keep on keepin on!

Lynn

lights

almost done with the wiring :D

headlights, taillights, turnsignals and posers all work. l have one burned out poser light l gotta change, passenger side front.

now just have to ground the dash guages so l have lights in them and tuck up all the speghetti hanging in the dash and on the floor,

seats tommorow, odds & ends and the time line looks good for the 25th. a really cool guy donated a 27 gallon aluminum fuel cell.[cl

Attachments

• DSC6.jpg
    DSC6.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC25.jpg
    DSC25.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 62
  • D227.jpg
    D227.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 57
saturday ( l hope)

ya, l figure l 'll drive it to the shows on saturday and the put in the driver side window, heater, wipers, ya know, all the little stuff that can wait till after the important big drive[ddev

l will post some "on the road" pics soon [cl

the visior will go on in a couple of weeks, thanks again ray:D

That’s awesome that you’re hitting your goal! [cl

Looking forward to the road pics as well as seeing how the visor looks on it. :D

friday

wow, today was a good day[cl

raditor is in, fuel lines ran, runnig boards and a few of the little things.

if tomorow and early friday go as good, l may make the friday night cruz in town:D

getting excited[dr

poser

l fixed the poser/parking light today, man, something as simple as a ground wire can drive ya nuts:eek: l had to run a extra ground wre to get it working.

l would hate to get pulled over on the maiden voyage just 'couse of a parking light out.:eek:

probably gonna be hoodless for the week-end, we can't get the hood to latch and running out of time to play with the adjustment. we have a few more major things to get done. [ so the stinkin' hood can wait[ddev]

we can't get the hood to latch and running out of time to play with the adjustment.

I sorted that out on mine before it had an engine in the hole.

It's easy when you can sit in there and see what's going on from the inside :D

Yyyyyyyaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

she runs[cl:D

fuel and a little spark and vrooooooooom. timing is one tooth off, but that's a minor. one more seat, bolt down fuel cell.

l may be one day ahead of the goal. :eek:

l am so happy:D:D

Attachments

• D228.jpg
    D228.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 71
  • D229.jpg
    D229.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 77
  • D230.jpg
    D230.jpg