Stolen from Power Tour

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Hey guys,

All 4 of these were stolen from hotels in Concord, NC last night during Hot Rod Power Tour which kicked off yesterday. If you happen to see any of these or know anything, call it in to the police.

I know nothing else about this I'm just passing the info along.

From what I've read, 10+ were stolen and 20+ broken into last night in Concord. Those numbers will probably rise. I have only seen photos of these 4 that were stolen so far.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1560109278159.jpg
    FB_IMG_1560109278159.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 88
Anyone with a nice expensive car who doesn't have a GPS tracker is asking for it on the big tours like that IMO! :eek:

Toad

Anyone with a nice expensive car who doesn't have a GPS tracker is asking for it on the big tours like that IMO! :eek:

Toad

Yes bit we shouldnt have to live in fear of rhis stuff happening. If they would actually punish they jack wagons doimg this stuff when they are caught it might be less likely to happen

Toad

Sorry toad, but shaming the owners because of someone else being a thief is equivalent to shaming a sexual assault victim for the way they dress.

Should people take precautions? Absolutely. However that's the wrong focus when it goes missing, and they're not "asking for it".

The pi$$ head that stole my 01 Dodge has done it at least 6 more times since he got mine. They don't do a damn thing to him every time he's caught.
The legal system is broken and only goes after the people that can pay the fines.

Thank God we have "castle rule"...
If more people caught the turds at it and dropped them on the spot, eventually the problem, at least in the general area, will lesson.

The pi$$ head that stole my 01 Dodge has done it at least 6 more times since he got mine. They don't do a damn thing to him every time he's caught.
The legal system is broken and only goes after the people that can pay the fines.

You are correct. My nanny state is now punishing people who have gums stolen from them. If a weapon is stolen from me and it is used to kill someone I get charged for it!!!

Now I've seen pictures of 5, this is all the latest I know.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1560110769530.jpg
    FB_IMG_1560110769530.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 74
  • FB_IMG_1560124006833.jpg
    FB_IMG_1560124006833.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 72
  • FB_IMG_1560125820528.jpg
    FB_IMG_1560125820528.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20190609-175949.jpg
    Screenshot_20190609-175949.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20190609-175709.jpg
    Screenshot_20190609-175709.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 72
Sorry toad, but shaming the owners because of someone else being a thief is equivalent to shaming a sexual assault victim for the way they dress.

Not even close but the only reason I said that is because I have them on all my cars and it's pretty much common knowledge cars get stolen on Power Tour! :eek:

Toad

Thieves suck pure and simple. I've been ripped off also and robbed at gunpoint. Hope they find the thieves and send them to prison.

5 GM vehicles well known as easy to steal... poke an "educated" hole in the plastic column and you're away in no time. (I've had two stolen like this.)

I wouldn't attend a high profile event of this sort. The risks are obviously high and security low. Shame on Hot Rod and their millions... they should provide secure locations and 24 hr security, period.

BTW: A "good" criminal knows every trick in the book and knows how to disable your GPS or any other measure. If they want your car specifically, they'll get it, one way or the other, unless you're sleeping in the car with your sawed-off...

5 GM vehicles well known as easy to steal... poke an "educated" hole in the plastic column and you're away in no time. (I've had two stolen like this.)

I wouldn't attend a high profile event of this sort. The risks are obviously high and security low. Shame on Hot Rod and their millions... they should provide secure locations and 24 hr security, period.

BTW: A "good" criminal knows every trick in the book and knows how to disable your GPS or any other measure. If they want your car specifically, they'll get it, one way or the other, unless you're sleeping in the car with your sawed-off...

I'm not going to let this keep me from my dream of going on power tour, especially since everything I own is GM. Usually one or two are stolen on HRPT, not this many in one night.

I really don't think Hot Rod should be on the hook to provide security for 4000+ vehicles spread across a very large area at numerous hotels (or even a single location), the logistics of that are essentially unmanageable. The hotels should be able to ensure their guests a certain amount of peace of mind, though.

There's a really cool and secure steel shroud I see that was produced 10-12 years ago that prevents the type of theft you're referring to doc, but they don't seem to make it anymore.

Recently at a condo in Fort Lauderdale, 70 (seventy) vehicles were broken into and one truck was stolen. This happened in one night or early morning, and no one saw or heard a thing, not one alarm went off.

This condo was on a major well patrolled hiway, US 1, The parking lot is between the hiway and the building, and the story made the local TV news. I guess if someone can make the technology, someone else can beat it. My mothers Hyundai Sonata was one of the victims, both door windows smashed.

BREAK IN STORY

Recently at a condo in Fort Lauderdale, 70 (seventy) vehicles were broken into and one truck was stolen. This happened in one night or early morning, and no one saw or heard a thing, not one alarm went off.

That's what irritates me about car alarms... they don't have a glass break sensor & thieves simply smash the windows & crawl in instead of opening the door. Also, having an electrical cutoff to ignition & fuel pump helps!

BoB

That's what irritates me about car alarms... they don't have a glass break sensor & thieves simply smash the windows & crawl in instead of opening the door. Also, having an electrical cutoff to ignition & fuel pump helps!

BoB

The Monte Carlo had a removable steering wheel, it was in the owner's room with him. They also stole the car that was parked next to it. :mad:

My S-10 has an alarm and the impact sensor on it is very sensitive. If I hit the mirror with my arm it will go off, so even the gentlest of window breaks and it would go off. It's actually set way down from the highest sensitivity as well.

They probably used repo style tow trucks. Back up with stinger down, lift wheels off the ground, haul ass. Gone in less than 60 seconds.

Latest posts

Back