New to the fleet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Well, I'm no longer a Corvette owner.:(:rolleyes: Went and traded it off today for a 1988 Firebird Formula 350. 350 Tuned Port, automatic, posi rear. Has some kind of aftermarket cat back exhaust, other than that it seems to be stock. The Corvette was no longer practical since we are raising the Grandson, so we needed the back seat. Loved my Vette, but will probably never own another one. This Formula feels like a hoss, plenty of power, very compatible to the Vette. Got to fix a few small things, need to find a rear spoiler, but it drives great. Will get a new set of tires by spring. Here it is at it's new home...

Looks great [cl Low mileage [S
You know as the grandson gets bigger the back seat gets smaller :rolleyes:
Drive those old tires right off it :D

Air works, but needs a can to be really cold. AM/FM just buzzes, won't light up, so I guess it's toast. Mileage reads 134,000......all the time.:D Speedo works but odometer doesn't. Has had one repaint in original color, supposedly two owner car, always a Southern car, no rust.

Thanks jfg. I have been looking around, and there seems to only be two places that make a repro spoiler, Hawkes and a place in Canada called Showcars. I don't know how they are now, but I've heard some horror stories about Showcars and their products--crappy fit, a long time between ordering and actually receiving parts, if you even got what you ordered. I've been lurking around a few third gen boards, seems everybody loves Hawkes, and they are priced the same no matter who is selling them. I did find a company called OER that has a dealer about 100 miles from me, I could probably save a bit on freight if I bought it from them, but then again, maybe not. Having $600 in a piece of fiberglass, before paint even, makes me woozy.:eek::rolleyes:

Looks lighter than the code 51 yellow gold

That was the factory yellow for 88 FB....almost looks like the yellow I had on a 73 LeMans....sunlight yellow...same paint code...51..

Your car brings back good memories. Bought one identical to yours in 1993 for $2995.00. Same color, same everything. Id swear it was mine if i didnt see mine wrapped around a utility pole 3 days after i sold it. I really like it. Not a powerhouse, but a looker.

I have a flat 4th gen formula wing you can have. Not sure how I would ship it to you without it getting busted though...[P

Thanks for the offer jfg, but I think we are going to try and keep it stock. I'll probably get one of the fiberglass repops sometime in the spring, fund$ permitting.

Nice ride Bama, i still have a place in my heart for nice 3rd gen F BODIES. I actually looked at a 92 RS Camaro last week.

Ordered a set of new tires today for the Formula. Supposed to be in sometime this week. Odd size, 245/50/16, not many companies make them anymore, kinda hard to find. Last time I drove it, one of the fronts started coming apart, luckily I was only about a mile from home. Only two miles to tire shop, so I'll pump it up and ease over there when they come in, and hope it doesn't blow before I get there. The spare is one of those blow up kind of space saver tires with a bottle to blow it up, it's never been on the ground. Not planning on using it, either, unless it's a emergency.

Latest posts

Back