Magazines

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
My subscription is due on some of the car magazines. I get them in the mail and sometimes it's 3-4 days before I look at them. Then I usually just quickly scan them looking for articles that are of interest to me.

I'm debating renewing. Not that I have a lack of interest in cars, it's that I get enough entertainment on the interweb, Youtube and UDS. The mags aren't relevant to what I'm doing these days.

How about you guys? Are you still avid readers of the car mags?

The web has completely replaced magazines for me... though my wife occasionally buys me a copy of Hot Rod Deluxe on grocery day. (I find it difficult to use a computer on the toilet.)

Been a while since I subscribed to any. Not much in my interest area anymore, but if I see something interesting on a rack, I buy it.

Everything online for me as well - although I have a tremendous collection of Street Rodder, Hot Rod, etc etc in the garage. I never look at them any more but can't bring myself to get rid of them either.

Don't do subscripts, online has plenty. But I do get the Hagerty, and car catalogs that I ordered from.

Still get GOODGUYS GAZETTE and Street Rodder and still have a
"collection" of several different mags since early 60"s can't bring
myself to get rid of them...:eek::D I have started taking more recent
issues with me when I have Dr. appt's and leaving them ....

I have had a bunch of subscriptions over the years and learned a lot from them. I have a couple subscriptions, Street Rodder and Rat Rod, that I renew. I have friends that have daughters in Girl scouts so I usually have a random magazine I buy from them during their fund raisers. This year I have an RC magazine. Usually get something different than a car mag. I never buy magazines at the newsstand anymore. 1 issue cost upwards of 7 bucks. Subscriptions can sometimes be had at about 10 bucks for at least the 1st year. Jim

Don't have the space to keep them anymore.
I had a huge collection for many years and then when we made our last move I tried to give them away rather then move them, yet again.
Nobody wanted them. Same with my 30 years worth of Lapidary Journal Magazines as well as National Geographic. And 40 Grocery bags full of books.:eek: I got the local library to take some of the books and then a local used book store took the rest. But no luck for the mags.
Times change.....
Torchie

My dad has a friend that subscribes to all kinds of car magazines and passes them to him when he's done, then when dad is done he passes them to me. Sometimes the stack sits for months or longer before I read them. I used to avidly read magazines but now there's so much info out there it's no wonder they're dying out.

Rodder's Journal is still putting out great content with untouched photography talent. I purchased one of the lifetime subscriptions a few years ago when they offered it, and glad I did.

They have also relocated their printing to the USA, which is an extra bonus.

Haven't had a subscription in ages.
I get Street Scene mag only because it's included in the NSRA renewal. Don't open it just give it to someone or pitch it in the trash.

I agree with BED, Rodder's Journal has stand out photography and longer, more in depth articles on the cars.

I like Hot Rod Deluxe too.

I loved magazines for years but they kept stacking up & the wife complained so I ditched the habit! Plenty of stuff to look at on the inter-webs for free so that's what I do for entertainment these daze! Still have stacks of them from the 60's!

BoB

Latest posts

Back