It's a miracle!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I'd been having problems welding lately & was starting to wonder if I'd lost my touch! Something was wrong & I finally took a closer look at my mig gun & it was frayed where it went into the machine! My rig is about 12-15 years old so I wasn't really surprised so I ordered a new Miller gun that replaced the old one & boom... I'm a real welder again! The new gun had an improved section where mine failed & the unusual thing is... the new gun was cheaper than the old one! :D

BoB

I bet the new one came over on a boat and the old one was made here:rolleyes:
Whatever it takes, I know you’ll be like a pro again!

Had a friend call up the other day with the same issue. His problem was a groove had worn into the first guide and was stopping the wire from running through smoothly.
Glad ya got it fixed [cl

I'm pretty sure that a new gun would fix me up too. The tube right in my gun is not smooth at all.

Mac... the liner is replaceable & pretty inexpensive! The funky connection on mine frayed so I had to replace the whole unit! There are multiple vids on UTube on how to do it!

BoB

My welder is a Powcon which hasn't been made for twenty years now. So I have to buy a brand name liner and try to make it fit nicely. The 'nicely' part is the problem. I've tried it. I think a whole new unit like you got would do the trick.

all this exciting news motivated me to have a tune up day with my mig.

I know the gun is good as it was refurbished 1 year or so back and hasnt done alot of work , the earth lead same. the machine was cleaned out when i replaced the faulty off on switch..

just last week i had to put a new roll of wire in it . while watching the wire feed through the mig gun, i noticed my wire spool would do a complete 360 then drop as if driven into a pot hole.. probably why i could do a 1" weld then the machine would falter , ... leaving an amatuer finish, my son the smarty arse 19yr old engineer -- would harass me mercilesly..

off came the spool and associated mounting hardware. i checked for wear and cleaned , assembled with a small amount of grease on all the moving parts of the spool mount. result smooth running no stalling or jamming of wire .

took that for granted for too long.. welder maintenance i like that

Must be the time of year ...just bought a whole new hose and gun, just haven't tackled the job of replacing it all yet. Probably won't help my welding..:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back