Hi to all

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'39TC

Hi to all. I ran across this site while noodling around on the net. I've been hot rodding since the early 60's ('34 tudor) and always on the lookout for new material. My latest project is a 1939 Dodge pick up which I rescued from the crusher for $300. Since it was almost all there, I kept it mostly original (sort of). Still has the 70hp flathead, running strong. Rebuilt the suspension and brakes, beat the big dents out, and painted it with rattle cans. This is an amazing vehicle - my favorite in my collection. It always fires right up, just doesn't get anywhere very quickly due to the 4.30 gears.
My next project is a 1952 Mark VII Saloon (Jaguar). I've owned it for about 25years but haven't done much to it. I'm going to take the body off and save it for yet another project - maybe graft it on to a late model Caddy or something similar. I'll use the motor (duel overhead cam 6 cyl., 2 side drafts) trans, rear axle and front suspension and fabricate a tube chassis for off-road racing! Should be fun.
I like to do all work myself, including engine work (except machining), wiring, welding, fabrication, interior, painting. I'm not that great at any of it, but manage to get it done. Looking forward to being part of this forum, thanks.

Attachments

• P2260003 (Small).JPG
    P2260003 (Small).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 14
  • P1000205 (Small).JPG
    P1000205 (Small).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 12
  • P1000233.JPG
    P1000233.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 9
I know where there is a Jag like yours only black, always thought it would be cool with a HUGE motor! Bug catcher hangin out of the hood...bigs and littles....AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome from Southeast MI.....

Nice to have you on the RRR......Nice save and Jags are cool....seen many with the chevy conversions...or stock is nice.....[cl

Welcome to RRR.

Clearly, some of us are a bad influence. Did I hear bugcatcher? Pro Street Jag? I bet you could get some match race dates with this fella...

blown01quickestrolls.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Welcome again, and enjoy the ride. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome. One post and I've already got more possibilities to think about - I love the Rolls ...

I didn't get a title when I bought the Dodge, but in Idaho they inspect the VIN, do a title search (49 states), and issue a provisional title. After 3 years you get the actual title.

Welcome to RRR.

Clearly, some of us are a bad influence. Did I hear bugcatcher? Pro Street Jag? I bet you could get some match race dates with this fella...

blown01quickestrolls.jpg

I LOVE this! tha only thing that would make it better would to make it less shiney... Would love to see that thing run the 1/4...

And yes...I Am a bad influence...

Can you imagine showing up at the Holiday Inn

Welcome to RRR.

blown01quickestrolls.jpg

Sporting that!!!!????? How cool would that be???!!![cl

"noodling", I love that. (for those of you who don't know, noodling is fishing with your hands, (usually catfish), by reaching into small holes under murky water and feeling for the huge fish.
100_3009-4.jpg

Nice vehicles, welcome to the site.

Welcome to the RRR! If'n I had that there Jag I would Noodle vette suspension under it with a turbo LSX and shave the body! Guess I am just weird.....[S

Latest posts

Back