Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience with S 10's is minimal, snopro.
I had a chassis and a cab with a V 8 in it about 12 years ago. I was going to build a rat rod with it.:eek::p
I had the same thought as you about modding the cross member. But the more I looked at things the less I wanted to do that. It is also the mounting point for the spare tire lift. Not that I will be using that.........

No worries and no hurries Bama.
And thanks again.
Torchie

It would be a couple weeks before I could get a photo of both of my rear crossmembers, but there are a few different styles. The style you have is two crossmembers connected together which I haven't seen before. I removed the spare tire lift on both of mine.

It would be a couple weeks before I could get a photo of both of my rear crossmembers, but there are a few different styles. The style you have is two crossmembers connected together which I haven't seen before. I removed the spare tire lift on both of mine.

Thanks snopro.:)
No worries about the pics. Once I set the body down on the frame I will know better what has to go.
I suspect the cross member ahead of this one will be in the way. It goes across the gas tank and is a place for the muffler hanger. It also sticks up above the frame rails.
I'm calling this part of the program done.:D [cl :cool: :D [cl :cool:
PS Por 15'd and then undercoated.
I sprayed the Por 15 this time. Should have done it that way to begin with.:eek:
Keep on keeping on...
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 27
dont worry about the crossmember too much, its just the ext cab crossmember, the std cab short and std cab long have separate crossmembers but the ext cab is one piece.

you can weld in a rear crossmember and then trim that one to just the upper shock mounts if you want, or figure out another way to mount the upper shock.

looking good torchie!

dont worry about the crossmember too much, its just the ext cab crossmember, the std cab short and std cab long have separate crossmembers but the ext cab is one piece.

you can weld in a rear crossmember and then trim that one to just the upper shock mounts if you want, or figure out another way to mount the upper shock.

looking good torchie!

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say in my head, that you can trim that to just shock mounts and replace it with something else.

Thanks for clarifying. I haven't been under an extended cab S10 so that makes sense that it's an extended cab crossmember. Good info!

Thanks for the info guys.
The rear cross member shouldn’t be an issue with the spare tire well out if the way. Which, as I posted earlier, has to go because it will hit the side frame rail.
Going for more stripping if the S-10 tomorrow if I can.
Torchie

Is this the distributor you need Torchie? Look at the plugs and see if they match. Came from a TBI 4.3 V6. If it is, let me know and I'll get it on the way.

Attachments

• v6 dist.jpg
    v6 dist.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 12
  • v6 dist 2.jpg
    v6 dist 2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 12
I have to admit to being stuck in neutral right now.
I busted hump to get the underneath done but since then it's been starts and fits.

I'm really not liking trying to tear apart that S-10. Way too much electronics for my tastes as well as not being able to get to fasteners that I need to remove to pull off the front clip.
I'm about ready to just cut it all out and go with a V8 engine and trans conversion that doesn't require all this mess.......:eek:
Rant over.
I finally replaced my 45 year old Rodac Da that died with a new one.
I also have resorted to a check list to help me get my focus back on the Dodge.
We will see if it helps.:p
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 20
Is this the distributor you need Torchie? Look at the plugs and see if they match. Came from a TBI 4.3 V6. If it is, let me know and I'll get it on the way.

It's the wrong one Bama.
The one you have is for a older 4.3. It won't work with mine.
Thanks anyways.:)
Torchie

OK. That’s why I wanted you to see it before I sent it, no good to send if you can’t use it. I’m not sure what model it came out of, my late son tore two different ones apart, and I don’t know a lot about them. Offer stands though if you do figure out a way to use it.

OK. That’s why I wanted you to see it before I sent it, no good to send if you can’t use it. I’m not sure what model it came out of, my late son tore two different ones apart, and I don’t know a lot about them. Offer stands though if you do figure out a way to use it.

:cool: :cool:
Torchie

Just in case you all thought that I had given up or..........:eek: [ddd
Still deconstructing the S-10 donor.
Since I'm going to be doing this by myself I'm cutting it apart. Mindful of the fact that the evil wiring harness goes everywhere.
I also did some work on the Dodge body today.
Finished prepping the PS outer rocker skin for plug welding as well as trimming off the bottom of the inner to it's final size.
No pics.[S
Also looking at what needs to be done to the cowl bottoms. The DS is mostly gone and the PS has left me scant clues. I'll just do what makes it the strongest.
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 22
Lol. I’m sure it won’t kenny.
Thanks
Working at getting back to a routine in the project.
It seems that lately all I have going is interruptions.
Torchie

Forward motion this evening.
Knocked a few items off my list and then lowered the rear end down so I can get at the spare tire well to cut it out.
Maybe I should change directions and make this build a Gasser.:eek::p [ddd
Keep on keeping on........
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg