'30 Model A

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice car!! love the headers!!
If you dont mind me asking... what kind of setup do you have on the front of your car?
Im trying to build a 31 and I have no front end at all.!!
any help will be great to lead me the right way.

thanks matt

Very nice car!! love the headers!!
If you dont mind me asking... what kind of setup do you have on the front of your car?
Im trying to build a 31 and I have no front end at all.!!
any help will be great to lead me the right way.

thanks matt

It's a '37 ford axle and spring assembly , I removed three or four leaves from the assembly . I used a cadillac fwd rack and pinion and removed the left tie rod from the rack and pinion . the right tie rod hooks to the steering arm then used a drag link to connect to the left steering arm with heim joints . It sounds like a lot but it is a very simple system that steers very well and is extremely "tight " hardly and play at all . I also used a speedway front disc brake kit with f 150 rotors and caprice calipers , that kept the 5x5.5 lug pattern all around .

so... what color are you going to paint it?
kidding sorry ... the cars amazing -- maybe someday ill
build something that nice... until then ill keep trying.

It's a '37 ford axle and spring assembly , I removed three or four leaves from the assembly . I used a cadillac fwd rack and pinion and removed the left tie rod from the rack and pinion . the right tie rod hooks to the steering arm then used a drag link to connect to the left steering arm with heim joints . It sounds like a lot but it is a very simple system that steers very well and is extremely "tight " hardly and play at all . I also used a speedway front disc brake kit with f 150 rotors and caprice calipers , that kept the 5x5.5 lug pattern all around .

The car looks great, do you have any pics of the steering setup?

That is One SINISTER looking Sedan!!
What a Lucky guy to even come across such a nice Find!!
U did a Killer job building it, and exactly like what some of tha other members have said... I wouldn't change a thing about it!!
Love tha Seats!!
Nice job on tha Steering setup too!!

Thanks for all the great comments , I made a few changes and upgrades over the winter . The engine was a little tired , it had been through a couple different cars and was ready to be freshened up . Just a basic re-ring and bearings , new valve springs and valve grind . Oh yeh , I also finally finished getting the blower together . I can't wait to roast the tires !!!!

HPIM0553.jpg

HPIM0554.jpg

HPIM0557.jpg

HPIM0564.jpg

HPIM0565.jpg

The blower is a great addition to a very impressive rod. Looks like you have a fun summer in store.

Latest posts

Back