What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished the fab work on a C6 Z06 6pt cage. dropped it off at the coaters this am. worked 1 shift for 2 different PD's.

Pulled the rear axle and sand blasted & painted it. Ordering new bushings & cover.

013.jpg

019-1.jpg

Cleaned_Up3.jpg

Cleaned_Up4.jpg

Cleaned_Up7.jpg

Cleaned_Up10.jpg

I bought a Henry J gasser project saturday. Got it stashed away in my shed this morning where it will have to wait 'til I get some parts bought and a solid plan figured out.

I bought a Henry J gasser project saturday. Got it stashed away in my shed this morning where it will have to wait 'til I get some parts bought and a solid plan figured out.

Boy do I envy you..........I want a Henry J in the worst way.

All we got done this weekend was we completely cleaned the shop and office............it was a DISASTER !:eek: Couldn't find anything and we had to trip over stuff to get anything done. Now it is nice and clean and we even shampooed the carpet in the office. Dan and I did it and is Don going to be surprised when he sees it.

Now maybe I can get Dan to finish welding the frame for my rpu project. :rolleyes:

Don

Pulled the cab off, took the engine out, pulled the bellhousing, put it back on, installed the clutch and pressure plate, bought three different throw out bearings, finally found one that would work.

Put the transmission in, finally finished boxing the frame, reinstalled the engine and tranny.

Now I need to fab the clutch pedal linkage and add a few brake lines then it will be time for the first illegal test drive. Maybe in two or three weeks.

what i did this weekend

i found someone that could make me a speedo cable for my chevy transmision and volkswagen spedo,(instrument exchange in houston) got it installed and it was even correct on the speed according to
the harley rider i was hollerin at goin down the road next to me.
also got my fuel gauge on the volkswagen speedo hooked up and it
works had to take the tickler off the back of the guage and now i
have a fuel guage and odometer that works so i don't have to stop
and stick my fuel tank to know when to fuel up.
last weekend i got the cypress wood deck put in the bed of my 40
and the bucket seats put in. if i keep it purdyin it up it ain't gonna
be a rat no more.

CIMG0045.jpg
CIMG0046.jpg
CIMG0044.jpg

Last edited:
Sold the 56 two door handyman wagon this weekend. I learned a few things in the process about tri five Chevys and found the car wasn't as solid as I had originally thought.

Thanks mrcar56 for everything

The saga continues!!! Like Don has said many times... "You could never charge a client for all the time you spend on your personal build". I like things done a certain way & that usually winds up taking 3X as long as expected. This weekend I started buttoning up the interior, applying the final areas with 'Peel & Seal', making a bracket for the rear end vent, making sure all grounds are good to go & a lil spit & shine! The Nail's finned alum Offy valve covers were gittin' a lil dingy so I spent about an hour or so hand polishing them with alum polish. Dirty work but wow do they look so much better now.

DMW, kool trailer... I want one!!!

BoB

Sold the 56 two door handyman wagon this weekend. I learned a few things in the process about tri five Chevys and found the car wasn't as solid as I had originally thought.

Thanks mrcar56 for everything

Good work Ron! Now I can stop sweating about not doing the deal. I've had some sleepless nights and almost called you 3 times to come and get it! Now I can relax and get back to my other 5 projects I don't have time for! And I was hoping I wasn't a jerk for backing out on you. [cl

This past weekend we FINALLY got back on building my latest project rpu.[cl I had put it aside last spring so we could finish up Dans car and this weekend he and I got the side frame rails welded up.

Last night I went over to the shop and started mocking up how it is going to look. I want this one to look like it has been around for a long time, with all old parts and some worn paint, etc. The engine is a 394 Olds that I rebuilt about 5 years ago, and the body is the one Dan was going to use before he decided to go with a new Brookville instead. I hope to have it done by Billetproof next spring.

Don

myrpumockupnewframe015.jpg

myrpumockupnewframe018.jpg

myrpumockupnewframe020.jpg

my394olds007.jpg

My Son Dan and I spent all day Friday and Saturday working on my frame. The rails needed a little tweaking to make both sides identical, but we got that done and then moved on to making the front and rear crossmembers.

Here is the frame in our frame jig, with the front crossmember clamped up and ready to weld in place.

myrpuframecrossmembersin001.jpg

And here is the finished product.

myrpuframecrossmembersin003.jpg

myrpuframecrossmembersin004.jpg

It is 25 1/2 inches wide in front, and 34 1/2 wide in back.

Don

Not exactly sure what you mean, Troy. We did square up the entire frame so it is exactly the same side to side and corner to corner. If you mean did we angle the rear part of the rails in so they are parallel, no. They continue with the same angle as the rest of the frame. To make the rear end square to the rails we will just angle the mounting brackets accordingly so the rear end sits straight.

If that isn't what you meant, let me know. :)

Don

Man that looks great Don. All I managed to do was clean the shop. My son made a marathon trip across the state and got this fine unit.

Attachments

• econoline.jpg
    econoline.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back