here is one of the functional metal art I make

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
I needed a beer table on the porch one day so I made one up. Now I sell these either as completed or as a You Weld It Kit. [;)

Attachments

• 100_2708.jpg
    100_2708.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 314
  • 100_2709.jpg
    100_2709.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 100_2712.jpg
    100_2712.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 243
  • tables 2.jpg
    tables 2.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 242
  • tables 3.jpg
    tables 3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 223
Way cool. [EDIT]SUPER WAY COOL!![/EDIT]

I suggest you make one without the outer angle iron on the top so people can screw in a wood top with a decorative edge.

--Remove the top iron and replace with angle (facing down) or flat iron inboard a few inches with several holes for mounting. Some small holes for screwing a top down from the bottom up, and larger holes for bolts - just in case.

Use 2 together with a long top and you have a dinning table.

Use less lip on the top as you have it, so a glass top will better fit.

Attachments

• tables3.jpg
    tables3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Way cool. [EDIT]SUPER WAY COOL!![/EDIT]

I suggest you make one without the outer angle iron on the top so people can screw in a wood top with a decorative edge.

--Remove the top iron and replace with angle (facing down) or flat iron inboard a few inches with several holes for mounting. Some small holes for screwing a top down from the bottom up, and larger holes for bolts - just in case.

Use 2 together with a long top and you have a dinning table.

Use less lip on the top as you have it, so a glass top will better fit.

Wow! [edit]WOW![edit] Thanks for all the ideas Sam! Guess i have to get to work. I was thinking of using the round Giffins hot rod and choppers sign with glass on it for a top as well. Or just round wood. Never thought of a long table......[;)[;)[;)

Cool, do you cut the leg pieces out yourself?

Beercan

yup! just little ole me. .......and Mr. CNC of course![cl

New Mailbox and post

Here is the new Mailbox and post for the house. The box is new but all the other stuff is left overs, scrap, or off cuts from other jobs. IE: Free! I don,t think it will fall down. The post is 1/4" wall 4X4. The numbers are 1/8" as are all the gargoules. The top hat is a vette air pump pulley and a brass door knob.
mailbox010.jpg

mailbox008.jpg

mailbox007.jpg

mailbox006.jpg

mailbox005.jpg

Here is a table I am making for a woman. Yea she is covered in tats and rides bikes

Attachments

• v8table.jpg
    v8table.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 127
Thanks Bonehead!

It is a cracked 289 ford block and pistons. The legs are parts from one of my end tables I make and the glass is some left over 67-72 chevy pick up side windows from the chopped 70 pick up I flipped. [;)

wow that is a great looking table how much does that bad boy weigh?
she will have a tuff time rearranging the living room or should I say her man will have a bad back by the time she makes up her mind[cl

wow that is a great looking table how much does that bad boy weigh?
she will have a tuff time rearranging the living room or should I say her man will have a bad back by the time she makes up her mind[cl

uhh they both lift. She is still has a very much womans curves but she is very strong. He is just a montser though! it only weighs maybe 150 lbs tops

Got a plan for the next one. It will be a aluminum inline 6 cylinder block out of an 04 trailblazer. Just need to come up with a top glass. might have to polish this one...[cl

Latest posts

Back