1950 dodge truck tribute to my son

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
parts

Sorry about the loss of your son, I think the red looks good, as does the visor, any other parts you are looking for?

just a few things to get it on the road:

a fuel cell, 12-20+ gallon one as the gas tank in the cab was no good and l am putting the gas tank/fuel cell centered in the front of the bed.

door glass, driver side is broke in 2 pieces and the passenger side is badly cracked and it may break at anytime.

shifter and cable or a cable that work's with a dodge dash shifter,

thanks,

Later :cool:

exhaust

finally done with the exhaust.[cl

used 1964-1972 chrome chevelle headers me and my friend been passing back and forth for 15 years and never been on a car till now, 2 1/2 tubing with an X tube off a 78 camaro and some stainless steel borla knockoff mufflers that dump right in front of the rear-end.

next is the bed and to get the cab floor done.

Later:cool:

Last edited:
floor

cab floor is done being welded up, now steering and minor finish work inside of the cab, like a seat, guages and wiring[dr

gettin' close:D

little things gettin' done

got the floor finished and the firewall:D

steering is figured out, l changed the power to manual and had a few minor problems, but got thru 'em.
going slower than l want it to but at least it's going foreward.

friday l plan on taking it out to the local cruise in on the trailer. may not be running but l know this will help my motovation and give me a positive attude to forge ahead and get it done for summer.

me and a couple of friends are gonna mock it up right in the parking lot[cl[dr

l will post pic of it sitting at the cruise next week-end.

pics soon

got a burst of energy today and me and my friend got the bed braces welded in. we had to raise the back of the cab 1 1/2 inches to align the front fenders and to get the doors opening and shutting good.

l put some wheles l have for another project on and liked it so well l decided to run my 5-spokes and BFG's on her.

post some pic tommarow.

wiring is next on the list:eek:

Cool buld bro!! I am so very sorry for your loss but he is there with you everyday!!!! He would be so proud of you finishing the truck!! I just lost my dad to cancer at the end of january tis year and he was so excited to see the '42 chevy truck I am building and it has become a build in honor of him sincehe was the one that really got me into cars and he loved seein me building it !!

Hey is you need glass get me the patterns cut and I can see what I can do I have a buddy that works at a glass factory and I can prolly get the pieces cut for you

L8R
LUCKY DEVIL

Can't wait to see i finished bro!! [P [cl [;)

glass

Hey is you need glass get me the patterns cut and I can see what I can do I have a buddy that works at a glass factory and I can prolly get the pieces cut for you-- LUCKY DEVIL

alright, thanks:D l do need side windows bad, sent PM..

in the yard

welllllllllllll, not quite finished, but wow, l like how my boy's truck is lookin':D

l think the wheels look really nice. got a little bit more to do before drivable.
few of the body line need adjustment and odds & ends.

be honest, let me know how ya think she looks[P

Attachments

• DSCI0169.jpg
    DSCI0169.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCI0179.jpg
    DSCI0179.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCI0188.jpg
    DSCI0188.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCI0175.jpg
    DSCI0175.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCI0176.jpg
    DSCI0176.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCI0190.jpg
    DSCI0190.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 98
stuff

that is so true on the oringal only once:)

one of the reasons l did not feel bad about cuttin' up the frame and doing all the mods on this truck is it was wrecked at one time in it's life.

the guy who had her before us did a hack job on the front of the frame putting in a 440, he cut it up so bad it was not safe.

putiing the nova/camaro sub-frame in fixed that problem, but:eek: started a lot more little things to make everything work right.

l found it was bopped in the nose when we pulled the front-end off and the cab had a few dents in the fire-wall.

liken' all the input[cl

welllllllllllll, not quite finished, but wow, l like how my boy's truck is lookin':D

l think the wheels look really nice. got a little bit more to do before drivable.
few of the body line need adjustment and odds & ends.

be honest, let me know how ya think she looks[P

Definately dig the wheels bro!!! You can never go wrong with a nice set of 5 spokes!!!!!

[dr [cl [dr [cl

wire

we started the wiring the truck today. l am using a E-Z wiring harness.

don't seem to bad to work with.

iron cross tail lights are the ones l am gonna run.

Attachments

• iron cross tail lights.jpg
    iron cross tail lights.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 4
  • iron cross tail lights 2.jpg
    iron cross tail lights 2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 4
  • iron cross tail lights 1.jpg
    iron cross tail lights 1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: