My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a car show in La Grange Saturday so I'm trying to get most of the interior in today! Got the carpet cut to size & working to get the seats in. It won't be trimmed out properly for the show but you won't be able to tell with the doors closed! I really built this car to take to shows & now... no shows! I cry!!!

BoB

Well... 2020 strikes again! I let the upholsterer talk me into putting too much foam in my seats & that didn't work out so... took it back to him to redo & he'll be finished today. Like lil Roseanna Danna said... "It's always something"!

BoB

Finally legal!!!

I'm on the verge of installing the interior (I want to finish a few more things under the dash before I put the carpeting & seats in for real). Once I do, I'm gonna post a bunch of new magazine style photos. Until then here's the bench seat sitting inside!

BoB

Attachments

• finally.jpg
    finally.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 34
  • seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 35
Closer still! I've always used Peel & Seal & this is no exception! Got the floors & behind the seat done, wires to the back taped down & the carpet to the basic shape. Gonna glue the carpet down in spots & install the seat! Overcast & raining here so it's a perfect day for working in the shop & blasting some moldy goldy oldies!

BoB

Attachments

• nside.jpg
    nside.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 33
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 33
  • taped.jpg
    taped.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 32
  • carpet.jpg
    carpet.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 32
When I went into town for the car show on Saturday, I realized I had a low rear gear ratio in my quick change which sucks on the highway with a 3 speed automatic so I swapped gear sets today. Went from the 3.77:1 to a 2.19:1. I was doing 3 grand at 65-70mph with the 3.77 & will be doing 2 grand at 75-80 with the 2.19! Big difference!!! The big Nailhead has so much torque it would pull a 1:1 no problem!

Attachments

• 3.77.jpg
    3.77.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.19.jpg
    2.19.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 20
  • fnished.jpg
    fnished.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 17
That's what is nice about a quickie. Besides, they look really cool. Can you hear it whine?

Luckily mine doesn't whine! With the 2.19 gear set it has a slight whine when you hit 70mph but goes away a couple mph's past that! I've heard people report their QC howls so I feel lucky!

BoB

Latest posts

Back