Interruptions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
Yesterday had me on a quest for a piece of steel first thing. I'm roaming thru my heapo crappo in search of said item. Been down two sides of the barn looking, take a turn up the south end steadily searching, up to the end and back, then turning back again....wake me up soon, I have just walked by this big joker twice and thoroughly ****ed him off too. I promised him he could live if he could disappear before my return....

skin her out , nail her to a board , I say it a female because of the sharp colors I skinned one out last year , but Bro-law got carried away when he beat him with a tree stump .. kinda messed up his neck and head , but I tanned his hide anyway .. looks pretty good hanging in the shed .They say the males patterns are not as sharp . they sorta blend together ..I love to tan rattle snake hides .

They say a rattler won't chase ya... that's BS cause I had one chase me back in the 80's when I lived in Austin. Found out I lived about a 1/2 mile from a huge rattlesnake den. 1st time I saw it... I freaked out... 100's of 'um!!! Rattlers are sneaky snakes & won't hesitate to bite ya! Dead ones are the best ones!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

God, do I HATE snakes !!!!! :eek::eek: Every time I think of all those cool old desert cars out west I think there must be a snake hiding inside them.

We have water moccasins down here, and they are just NUTS. They will come after you. Had one try to come out of a tree into our boat one time, I hit the throttle and left him in our wake. One of my ex bosses was duck hunting on the Santee River and a water moc dropped into his boat from a tree branch. He shot the snake with his 12 gauge and blew a hole in the bottom of the boat.

I have chills just thinking about them. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Don

This one didn't chase me or anything but when he sounded off and I turned and saw where he was, I would have been about 2 ft from him on both passes going by and he didn't say nothing and I did not see him. That's not like me, not knowing he was around and that's what bothered me the most. I walked 100 yds to the house to grab the pistol and returned and he was still there coiled up ready for fun...he had to go...

I like snakes. I don't want a rattler under my front porch but I leave them alone unless they are an immediate threat.

I don't mind snakes but they have startled the heck out of me a few times when I've lifted the hood on one of the wrecks in the back 40 getting parts. One time I didn't even notice it right off until I went to remove something from the engine and then we both moved. :eek:

donsrods we have moccasins here too. and they will chase you in the water or on land .. I dont like them at all . water snakes either .. I cant tell them a part .. they say a moccasin will stop and stick his head up in the air to see you better .. the water snakes dont do that .. I'll kill them both .. one may be a lazy moccasin , that dont want to pick his head up .. so what ever you can get your hands on you better smack him with it , cause you walk away ,,,its gone

Yesterday had me on a quest for a piece of steel first thing. I'm roaming thru my heapo crappo in search of said item. Been down two sides of the barn looking, take a turn up the south end steadily searching, up to the end and back, then turning back again....wake me up soon, I have just walked by this big joker twice and thoroughly ****ed him off too. I promised him he could live if he could disappear before my return....
GEDC1406_zps2077d77a.jpg

I can't tell from the pic, what pistol is that?

I'm very glad we don't have them buggers up here. Almost exactly 4 years ago I was in Houston on business and when I came out of a restaurant with some colleagues after dinner there was a crowd around my rental car looking at the large snake underneath with his head under the driver's door. I jumped in from the passengers side planning to drive over him as one of my native Texan colleagues advised, but he slithered away as soon as I started the car. That trip also included my first run in with a large roach. I'll keep the cold weather.

Hey snopro, that's a FMJ Bucktown,TN Mod. D Cal. 45. It's a ridiculously simple stamped out pistol that is quite handy regardless of it's lack of style...makes a great snake gun. 45 long Colt and will shoot 410 shells too...they make this same one in a mini double barrel too...or did, I haven't found one yet for sale. Mine's beat and battered but that's why that one is used alot. I carry it out here in the woods, on the tractor, in the truck and out in the boat. It just gets tossed and moved and carried, but I've never had a failure. It's really pretty hard to make something so simple fail....no fluff, all business!

Hey snopro, that's a FMJ Bucktown,TN Mod. D Cal. 45. It's a ridiculously simple stamped out pistol that is quite handy regardless of it's lack of style...makes a great snake gun. 45 long Colt and will shoot 410 shells too...they make this same one in a mini double barrel too...or did, I haven't found one yet for sale. Mine's beat and battered but that's why that one is used alot. I carry it out here in the woods, on the tractor, in the truck and out in the boat. It just gets tossed and moved and carried, but I've never had a failure. It's really pretty hard to make something so simple fail....no fluff, all business!

If handguns weren't so restricted up here I would try to find something like that, being able to shoot 410 shells out of a pistol sounds really cool to me. Thanks for the info.

One time I installed a depth finder on a friends new boat and we took it out to a local lake just before dark to make sure I had it dialed in right. He had never driven a boat onto a trailer so I put him ashore to get the truck and trailer while I drifted in the boat.

He backed the trailer in the water and I drove the boat onto it, and then I jumped off the bow and cranked the boat up the last couple of feet with the winch. It was dark by now so we loaded up and went home.

He called me the next day and said "You have to come see something", so I went to his house. There was a water moccasin about 5 feet long dead hanging off the trailer. Evidently he had swam right over the trailer bunk exactly as I drove the boat onto it, trapping him between the bunk and the bottom of the boat ! When I though about me jumping into the water next to him in the dark it scared the bejesus out of me ! :eek:

I no longer go to lakes at dusk any more to launch boats .

Don

I'm always in areas with snakes. Generally, they don't bother me. I tend to live and let live, but I don't yield to much when I have to move around here. Deadly ones do get shot or killed with a blade. I let the non-poisonous ones go about their business. Everything has it's place in this world! But I'll live thru it if I can. Mocassins are the most aggressive I've seen. In my area, there are 5 different poisonous ones and they all live right here on my place. Diamondback, Pygmy, Coral snake, Cottonmouth, and Copperhead. The last one is the least likely to be found but I've seen a few. Mostly they exist farther north in the state.
This guy was just nasty...sounded bad, looked bad, never did try to flee...un un,nope, bye-bye...13 rattles and one button, 6 feet long.

Latest posts

Back