Fess up!!! What kinda car did you drive in High School!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
67 Dart w/slant six
68 Coronet 440

right after HS joined the Army and bought a 71 Nova BB 4 spd
It all kinda got responsible like after I got married, 4cyl this, 6cyl that, economy minded unitl after the kids got grown and then back to having fun again....LOL

Oh boy can I relate to that statement!!!!...CR

My 1st ride was a Thistle President.....Convertible.;) Oh but during part of high school I drove an 11 second / '57 Chevy. 396, 4bbl., big lumpy cam, 4 speed..............Gee, (sniff, sniff)........I can still smell the rubber! (And the CLUTCH!!!)

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 32
63 impalas

class of 95 also

had a variety of sity three imps

no "cool ones" though, just a ford door sedan with a 305 and turbo 350.
that one was named the dragon, it was red on top with black fadeaway on bottom. got the nickname dragon because i would rev the pee out of it and turn the key off on on to blow really cool flames out of it. also took out cranks and head gaskets.

then moved up to a four door hardtop that is so close to my present car its scary. i still love this car and will one day restore/hot rod to my dream car.

one on left current car the right close to my dream car

Attachments

• 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 7
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 8
66 ford f-100 swb it had a 352 & a granny 4 speed, some old slotted mags,
18" glass packs and i thought i was a hotrodder for sure:D

traded it for another 66 when i got a little ranger for a daily driver my senior yr--still have that 66

that was in 1989-1991......

Last edited:
When I graduated high school in 1982 I was driving a '53 chevy truck 5 window I bought when I was 14 with grass cutting money . It is in the beginnings of a rebuild now . I've never had a desire to sell it even after 32 years , infact I'm really looking forward to driving it again . I'm not one of those people you see on the TV show " hoarders" . I just love that old truck .

I drove a 66 Karmann Ghia mostly. I had a 49 Dodge 4 door, Fluid Drive even, that I took all over the back roads.(wasn't legal) I put a JC Whitney adapter and a Rochester 2 barrel carb on the flathead six. That old rust bucket would scream pretty good but it had some serious brake problems. Used the hand brake mostly.

1957 Chev two door w/t a 283 out of a Corvette and T-10 4speed, 11" olds fly wheel and clutch and 4:11 gears out back.
Sr. year I had a 66 Charger 383 ,4spd w/t 4:10 gears.( still have it today 41 years later)[dr[cl

I inherited my moms old car... an '88 Plymouth Reliant K, about two months after I got it I rearended someone and the car was done. Pushed the front fenders far enough back that only the rear doors would open, and in my defence it wasnt completely my fault, his brake lights didnt work.

What did I drive in high school??? This:

belair_passengerside.jpg

Paid $600 cash for her back when I was 15...15 years ago...and drove her home. My dad had to ride shotgun 'cause I only had a permit, but...

Here's what she looked like the day I drove her home:

belair_stock.jpg

When I turned 16 I sorta lost interest in cars for a while, I had discovered taking some girl to a drive in movie was a lot more fun. [dr So my high school ride was a 57 VW, all 36 HP of it.:eek: I traded that in when I was a senior for a bugeye Austin Healy Sprite, and that was my car for a couple of years.

The Sprite got a transfusion of a 289 Ford/ C4 in about 1964, and I also had a 64 Chevy Impala convertible at the same time that was my date car. But my first really cool car was a brand new tripower GTO I bought in 1966.

Don

1979 baby!! Check out my jacked up hillbilly style.

I think most of us had that style in the 70's![cl I had a 289 4 speed falcon that sat so high when I brought it home, you felt like you were sliding forward off the seat!:D.. Changed that quickly. Put station wagon coils in my 65 GTO rear and raised it up too. Funny how the style went from nosebleed high frontends in the 60's to the rearends being skyhigh in the 70's!:D..CR

67 Charger 383 auto. real nice white with blue int. I would wash it with AJAX to get the grease out of the paint on the front fenders!

Senior year, 65 dart 273 hi-po 4 speed, bench seat, dog dish hub caps, Granny blue. a real sleeper. caught many a Camaro off gaurd.

drive to high school

huh, road the school bus. didnt have a car until almost 2 years after

Latest posts

Back