48 DODGE Pilot House Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The grille looks awesome!

One question, are those air shocks, or just long shocks with no stroke left? I'm confused as they seem to be almost fully compressed but they're so long.

Thanks. AS for the shocks, they are almost fully compressed with the bags deflated. The shocks are off my four door Jeep JK so I used them. I need 7 inches of travel with the bags I'm running.
No they aren't air shocks.

So i was just looking at the pics of the truck with the grille and i saw your one windshield wiper...did you use the original wiper motor?

Thanks,

-Chris

No the original was missing in action. I got a quick and simple wiper motor from Speedway. Just mounts thru the hole and add a switch, single speed.
No more than it rains here, I'll probably never use it.

No the original was missing in action. I got a quick and simple wiper motor from Speedway. Just mounts thru the hole and add a switch, single speed.
No more than it rains here, I'll probably never use it.

Thanks for the info. I have the original wiper motor on my '52, its two speed and has linkage under the dash to run both sides at once. Im not even sure if it works and it runs off 6 V positive ground. I could probably sell it to someone who cares about the originality of the motor and pick up the speedway one.

-Chris

High priced tool cart

This is what happens when you when you don't work on or drive
your hot rod. It turns into to a bench to pile stuff on.
I think I need to get my priorities back in line.

Attachments

• IMG_1207 (1000x667).jpg
    IMG_1207 (1000x667).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 128
Note to self....

You might want to make sure your registration is current when
driving a rat/hot rod. You might get stopped by the police, twice.
I went to Albuquerque today and got stopped on the way in and
coming home. Bummer.

coming home. Bummer.

POPS..POPS..POPS.
Reminds of when I was younger. My brother had dropped a V-8 into his Vega station wagon. He got pulled over 3 times in one day by 2 cops. We lived in a small town and they printed the police blotter sheet in the weekly paper.
My Mom saw it and........:eek:
Torchie.

coming home. Bummer.

Musta been lookin BAD...lol!

Plane ole sacrilege :(
"You might want to make sure your registration is current when
driving a rat/hot rod. You might get stopped by the police, twice."
This just might be a case of karma from this heinous deed [ddd
attachment.php

coming home. Bummer.

Bummer! Any tickets out of the ordeal?

At least they had a reason to stop you. I was stopped because the cop didn't understand my 1946 plate is legally registered and gave me a warning.

Got front windshield and rear center glass in.
Not having much luck with the corner glass. I broke the right side while sanding it down.

Any one have the right side rear corner glass for a '48 Dodge Pilot House?

I'm curious about the windshield without the center support. How was that accomplished? I want to do that on my 52.

I'm curious about the windshield without the center support. How was that accomplished? I want to do that on my 52.

My windshield is just like yours with the center divider, only shorter cause I chopped it.

I have seen it done without the divider by just putting a single bevel in the center and a little silicone.

My windshield is just like yours with the center divider, only shorter cause I chopped it.

I have seen it done without the divider by just putting a single bevel in the center and a little silicone.

Yep. You can use either aquarium sealant or marine silicone, both work great. Just tell the glass shop what you're doing and they'll prep those surfaces accordingly. Have to put a piece of paper in between the two pieces of glass and duct tape them with the gap. Once you urethane the glass in place and it is cured, you can remove the paper and seal the center. It's actually pretty simple. Mine was done this way. Have to find an S-10 or similar style rubbber that fills the gap around the outside of the glass as well. Glass shops have it in stock.

As you can tell by the yellow fire extinquisher dust, things got a little heated. :mad: A little fuel leak and a carb back fire = bad news.

I haven't needed a fire extinquisher in 20 + years untill yesterday. Luckily there was one right behind me.

All is good again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back