What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but there's a truck in some of the pix

Got projects stacking up at the barn but have been trying to help my buddy build a house. So far, we got the power in and on. The well is in and on. Septic tank is in and on with them already living on site in the rv. We got this far on the stem wall this weekend.

the nuttin special is still my daily....a little over 40,000 miles!:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_0263.jpg
    102_0263.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 102_0265.jpg
    102_0265.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 102_0268.jpg
    102_0268.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 102_0272.jpg
    102_0272.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 102_0279.jpg
    102_0279.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 102_0280.jpg
    102_0280.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 48
Didn't get anything finished. Got the brakes working on a customers backhoe. Worked on installing the waste oil furnace for the garage. Have to plumb the air supply to it and wire it.

Getting old. When I finish the cars I'm working on now, that will be the last of my hot rod building. So, I'm cleaning out 22 years of parts, pieces and junk from the attic of my garage. So far, I've got about 1,500 pounds of parts in my truck going to the scrap metal yard. Got a truckload ready for the dump. The same amount saved for swap meets or to give away. I'm about a third of the way through the mess and I'm tired.

Gonna have double hernia surgery next Friday so I'm trying to get as much done now as possible.

Dammit Bob! How long you been working with a double hernia??? is this something recent?
I don't know, smalls. It doesn't hurt any more than the rest of my body so I didn't think much of it.
I wouldn't be doing all that block work you are doing though. Is there anything you can't do?

We got another course done tonight before dark but by the time I could have taken any pix, it was dark thirty. We're hitting it in the afternoons when Jr. gets home from work. Slow but effective...We have to stay at it. Limited on time to complete with just two of us doing it. Been a struggle all the way thru so far and we are behind. So much crap anymore concerning building your own house it's almost not worth all the hassle. I built mine 30 years ago but we were talking the other day and figuring up how much he's into it already. We just started the stem wall/foundation. He's got more into this build counting the other stuff I mentioned than I had in my whole house.:rolleyes: Regardless of how much the cost has gone up, the freakin county here makes it pure hell to get anything done without major drama.

Just the start of the weekend. I had double hernia surgery today. Hurts quite a bit, especially when you're an old guy. Don't know how long I'll be out of the game.

This weekend is the 63rd annual Gopher State Timing Assn. Rod & Custom Show and will be the first one I will miss.

Just the start of the weekend. I had double hernia surgery today. Hurts quite a bit, especially when you're an old guy. Don't know how long I'll be out of the game.

This weekend is the 63rd annual Gopher State Timing Assn. Rod & Custom Show and will be the first one I will miss.

Get the rest you need Bob. Had em both done too. Couch is good. :)

Latest posts

Back