Hercules

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drivers door is done, seemed like everything needed to be done twice :( The 'good deal' suicide hinges were made for thicker doors, so I had to section them 1" to work here. I've used Hagans hinges before, which are very good, but they are expensive, more than twice the price of these, so I guess I have to accept some tweaking... F100 window winder works fine, used Carolina Customs door release parts to connect the 32 door handles to the bear claw latches. The other door should go easier (fingers crossed :cool:)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3948.jpg
    IMG_3948.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_3949.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 76
You are setting the bar too high, zz.[cl

Why isn't all this on You Tube?

Thanks Bob, I'm just doing what makes me happy :)
I don't want to get into playing with video stuff, not my deal, besides then you open yourself up to all the keyboard commandos who live to lord their opinions over others...
Same reason I don't post this build on the pork, it wouldn't conform to their definitions of a traditional or custom rod, too much blabber about what is wrong or right with not many actually building something real...

Thanks Bob, I'm just doing what makes me happy :)
I don't want to get into playing with video stuff, not my deal, besides then you open yourself up to all the keyboard commandos who live to lord their opinions over others...
Same reason I don't post this build on the pork, it wouldn't conform to their definitions of a traditional or custom rod, too much blabber about what is wrong or right with not many actually building something real...

I saw a thread on there talking about T-buckets just recently, someone posted a photo of a car he built with his son, it had big fat tires on the back, a guy started complaining because it wasn't a pre-65 style car. Talk about losing sight of what matters...

Your truck is looking sweet, the work on the doors is primo!

Here I'm all nervous about doing a decent job of the sheet metal and frame work I have planned on my Roadster Pickup, and you're doing quality work like this starting from nothing!

Passenger door built and mounted, now I need to make some garnish mouldings for inside the window openings.

attachment.php

The body sides are too plain without the reveal lines like production bodies. To remedy that, I'll be making molding to apply something like this - from solid brass flat bar. After painting, I'll sand off the surface to leave it with a brushed brass finish. :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3950.JPG
    IMG_3950.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3951.JPG
    IMG_3951.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 62
I saw a thread on there talking about T-buckets just recently, someone posted a photo of a car he built with his son, it had big fat tires on the back, a guy started complaining because it wasn't a pre-65 style car. Talk about losing sight of what matters...

Lots of good knowledge over there, you just have to wade through the perfectionists and their period correct BS. I don't post much about my stuff because it doesn't fit the profile.

Watching ZZ is like watching Da Vinchy paint the Mona Lisa!

I heard the word PAINT , does that mean its gonna be shiny?

Nope, the paint is going to be what you see on the grille shell, Tremclad flat Leather. More of a semi-gloss in reality but it tends to lose the sheen after some sun - taking it to Arizona should take care of that :cool:
One shot - no primer, no bondo, flaws and grinder scars on display.

Nope, the paint is going to be what you see on the grille shell, Tremclad flat Leather. More of a semi-gloss in reality but it tends to lose the sheen after some sun - taking it to Arizona should take care of that :cool:
One shot - no primer, no bondo, flaws and grinder scars on display.

pffieeuw... got a tad scared there... :D

This is ZZ unfiltered :p

Heh, heh, I like that :D

Made the door garnish mouldings today, nothin fancy, used some stainless boat cleats for door pulls.

attachment.php

Model A style post mirrors, just welded a nut to the door and threaded them in...

attachment.php

Put in the wiper motor and a 35 Ford rearview mirror.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3952.JPG
    IMG_3952.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3953.JPG
    IMG_3953.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3955.JPG
    IMG_3955.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts