My 40 Dodge Truck Build - Maybe a 41 LOL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slight Leaks (3)

So we pressure tested the headers tonight one collector is dead nuts. The other has 3 leaking joints. I'm going to try to post the video here. There's also 1 bad leak where the nipple goes into the head flange.....that's on Hot Heads but we'll hit that weld. We did the test at 8-10 psi. What do you guys think? Anyone know what kind of back pressure there is at the header collector?

There is a pin hole at the round of the weld which will be easy to seal up

Where going to take another stab at it over the weekend....

Hmmmmmm no dice on the video. I do pictures instead.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF5868.jpg
    DSCF5868.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF5869.jpg
    DSCF5869.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF5870.jpg
    DSCF5870.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 19
The back pressure isn't constant, it come in pulses as each cylinder fires.
It differs on each system as they're all different sizes and have different numbers of bends. 8 to 10 lbs is most likely more than any system will see.
[;)[;)[;)

Hey Guys... I hope everyone is staying healthy and having fun on their builds.
I'm finally back at it. I'm still a little limited with the rebuilt shoulder and the left one is really doing a job on me, but I can work. My head was the biggest problem....just couldn't get it in gear.

My Motorcycle and Dakota have been in the storage station and that had me bummed. I brought them back home....bike's in the garage under a cover and the Dakota is in the driveway under a cover as well. Nothing in that bed or under the truck can get wet or I flushed a lot of loot down the drain so she's under a cover as well. When home I peel back the cover so I can look at her and feel much better

Over the last week I put 3 new battery's in the Dakota....that's the truck with the sound system, and started to do some troubleshooting to find the source of a whine. I narrowed is down the the rear section of the truck so am making some progress.

I also polished up all the chrome & billet under the hood.

One night last week I slid into bed and my old self emerged, I found my self back up and in the garage until 2am..... been at it since. Feels real good to be back in gear.

The bed needed a filler panel at the bulkhead so I fabbed that, guide coat blocked the bodywork inside the bed walls, and I am working on some of the other bed body work. I'm hoping to get the bed up to the kids booth and get it into primer over the next few weeks.

No great shakes on pictures but just some shots of what I'm doing.

Oh and by the way the 2 leaks on the headers were brought down to 1 very slight leak and they have been sent off to jet-hot for a satin silver.

Couper

Attachments

• IMG_8993.jpg
    IMG_8993.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF5885.jpg
    DSCF5885.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF5894.jpg
    DSCF5894.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF5897.jpg
    DSCF5897.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF5898.jpg
    DSCF5898.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 21
Hey Guys,

Been at it for 2 or so weeks now. Finishing up the body work on the bed. Almost ready for primer. Been guide coating the bodywork as I go along so blocking should be at a minimum.

I made a panel insert for the bulkhead and the tailgate.....it's welded in place but not continuous....I'd end up warping the hell out of it. I'm going to put a nice 1/8 bead of seam sealer in the corner..... the panels are both set in about 1/8 so it should look clean.

Attachments

• DSCF5914.jpg
    DSCF5914.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF5911.jpg
    DSCF5911.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF5917.jpg
    DSCF5917.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Latest posts