My 40 Dodge Truck Build - Maybe a 41 LOL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 coats of 4CR Primer and 2 coats of tinted Raptor. That's my 32 year old son that builds the F100's. Unfortunately I couldn't hold the gun up steady with my shoulder.....argggg

Attachments

• DSCF5949 (2).jpg
    DSCF5949 (2).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF5950 (2).jpg
    DSCF5950 (2).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 16
So when I started this I had the cab too close to the fire wall and to get at the flanged ports on the back of the heads I did a stupid looking mod. Cut a slot 4" high and as wide as the back of the heads that was boxed in with a 3" hole at each port. Dam was that stupid. I won't even post a picture of it. I relocated the cab mounts to give me a little more room.....

So I bought a section on firewall from a guy is Mass for 75.00 and patched it in.
Geeeze I'm glad I reversed that.....it would have made me misrable looking at it

I also made pans / outer skins to close in the front facing angled sections of both foot-well areas, and a cover to dress up the steering drop.

Attachments

• DSCF5971 (2).jpg
    DSCF5971 (2).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 17
I think we've all done some things that required doing over! It's part of it! Glad you went back at it with that attitude...

Might check out a company that sells semi stuff.
I've got a pair that look similar without the chrome. Kaper ll on Amazon

51gNXeA1-kL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Returned the firewall back to stock, Outer floorboard (on the angled areas) done and everything primed.

Attachments

• DSCF5974.jpg
    DSCF5974.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF5975.jpg
    DSCF5975.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 24
Light duty today.... made templates for the 16ga panels for the floor. The passenger side will be welded in and the driver side bolted using nutserts so I can remove the panels if needed. There's a cut-out for access to brake cylinder which will be under the seat. Gota love cardboard!

Attachments

• DSCF5978.jpg
    DSCF5978.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF5977.jpg
    DSCF5977.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 15
Floor is in. The angle area has outer and inner skins and the flat area only inside skin. Outside 18ga and inside 16ga. The bottom side of he floor and framing is coated with tinted Raptor as well as inside firewall and complete inside of the cab walls roof ect. Everything but the jambs and the inside jamb faces.

I still have a lot to do on the frame, radiator support / grill bracketry, battery box, brake booster skid plate, can is hanging down about 3/4" below the frame, emergency brake bracketry, paint the frame, brake backing plates and brake all 4 corners, pulleys carbs, carb linkage, torque converter. Geeeeze Anxeity overload....

Lets see if I get that missing token jazz.......

Attachments

• DSCF5980 (2).jpg
    DSCF5980 (2).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF5991.jpg
    DSCF5991.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF5985.jpg
    DSCF5985.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF5986.jpg
    DSCF5986.jpg